JMS on CompuServe (Sep 02, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Sep 2 22:46:28 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #696992-#Kristen Cloke on B5 ;>)
    Sb: #696962-B5 Action Figures
    Sb: #696564-Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
    Sb: #696976-Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
    Sb: #697097-JMS on SFVortex

   of Lochley. ]

 #: 697173 S5/Babylon 5: General
    01-Sep-97  23:02:54
Sb: #696992-#Kristen Cloke on B5 ;>)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, Carl is correct.  If you're going to be realistic, a captain in
this position would be in her late 30s or early 40s, which definitely puts
Kristen out of the running.  I don't want to do a Wesley and stick somebody way
too young into an unrealistically high position.

                                                                    jms

   have the Starfury model in stock. ]

 #: 697174 S5/Babylon 5: General
    01-Sep-97  23:02:56
Sb: #696962-B5 Action Figures
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The Revell kit isn't out yet, so be careful that you're not buying a
knockoff.

    29-Aug-97  22:39:56
Sb: #696522-#Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

>>Joe is known for seeing things in actors that maybe others don't see and he's
been right every time so far.  If he thinks Tracy is the right person for the
job, I suspect we'll all be pleasantly surprised. :) <<

        I sure hope you're right, but all I know is that she annoyed me in
Highlander, especially that god awful prophecy episode --Yeeesh!

 #: 697175 S5/Babylon 5: General
    01-Sep-97  23:02:58
Sb: #696564-Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I played a scene of Tracy's at WorldCon this weekend, and the audience
responded *very* favorably.  I think this is gonna work out just fine.

                                                                    jms

   bunch - who can say except for Joe?" ]

 #: 697176 S5/Babylon 5: General
    01-Sep-97  23:03:01
Sb: #696976-Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I wouldn't cast someone who was less than ideal for the role.  If you
don't find the right person, you just keep going until you *do*.  We had a
goodly amount of time on this one, and we saw a LOT of very talented people.
But she rose right to the top.  We put her in secondary auditions with our
other top contenders, and she blew *them* out.  Then we put her in a scene with
Jerry Doyle, in one of their nose-to-nose, toe-to-toe confrontational scenes,
and I told [him] to pull out all the stops and try to bury her...and Jerry can be
a very strong presence when he wants to be.  She held her ground and gave back
as good as she got, maybe more.  And at the end, even Jerry said, "It's her."

    01-Sep-97  18:11:34
Sb: #697016-#JMS on SFVortex
Fm: RAE AUGENSTEIN

>> That SF Vortex was made within the last couple of weeks, and was the last
one. The show has been canceled, which disappoints me a lot. <<

I really liked SF Vortex. That bums me quite a bit. However, I must say that
since they started jumping the show all over the schedule, I haven't seen it in
about three or four months. When they move a show, they need to *advertise*
that move. (Hmmm... sounds like they've been taking lessons from ABC, now that
I think about it.)

It also bums me that they're cancelling the show to make way for more SF
Channel original programming (which I assume means dramas). Unless they get
some other writers, they need to stick to the reruns. There hasn't been a SF
Channel original movie yet whose trailers even made me want to watch it. *sigh*

        Rae ^^^^

 #: 697177 S5/Babylon 5: General
    01-Sep-97  23:03:03
Sb: #697097-JMS on SFVortex
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, the Sci-Fi Channel has approached Doug and I about maybe doing
something for them as a dramatic series while the other shows are ongoing.
Will advise as (and if) that develops.