JMS on CompuServe (Jan 03, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* (2/2)

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Jan 3 17:17:34 EST 1998

 [ Continued from previous section -- BB ]

    Sb: #11779-B5 on DVD
    Sb: #11865-Each Episode Intro
    Sb: #12313-season 5
    Sb: #12323-NAV Crew Pays Homage
    Sb: #12441-B5 in the news
    Sb: #12527-Were four sections okay?
    Sb: #12448-#Kosh (Spoilers to ITF)
    Sb: #12342-TZ Marathon
    Sb: #12486-TZ Marathon
    Sb: #12652-StarFury Model Found

 #: 11919 S2/Bab 5: General
    29-Dec-97  21:37:10
Sb: #11779-B5 on DVD
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There may be one episode to test the waters, but nothing's been
discussed yet about anything broader.

                                                                    jms

   each season. ]

 #: 11920 S2/Bab 5: General
    29-Dec-97  21:37:10
Sb: #11865-Each Episode Intro
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nowhere available but the episodes.

                                                                    jms

 #: 12313 S2/Bab 5: General
    31-Dec-97  17:59:12
Sb: #season 5
Fm: CATHERINE BECIC

Got my cable guide today and B5 is on the cover and first page!  Also liked
the 4 page spread in Entertainment Weekly.

Q:  With the rebroadcast of S1-4 on TNT, how will you handle NEW fans who
suddenly want to ask you all the same questions we've been asking you through
the first runs?  Will you repeat yourself, keep a lower profile and send them
to review the Lurker's Guide, what?

I'm also still a bit confused.  Is The Gatherine still scheduled for right
after In The Beginning?

Catherine Becic - with my 28 VHS cassettes ready to start with.

 #: 12541 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Jan-98  23:32:12
Sb: #12313-season 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, the Gathering will be aired after In the Beginning.  I think
they'll run the Guide again in-between, though.

      I'll deal with the new fans as I have with the old timers...with as much
courtesy as I can, because I owe them no less.  One thing that *would* help is
if people continue what they've been doing, and if a question comes up where
the answer is known, or the questioner can be pointed to a faq, if they can
continue to dive in and point the person to the relevant info, thus saving me
the effort, that would be wonderful as well.

                                                                    jms

   lot like a Shadow ship heading toward Earth. ]

 #: 12542 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Jan-98  23:32:13
Sb: #12323-NAV Crew Pays Homage
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, I'll look for it.

                                                                    jms

   newpapers. ]

 #: 12543 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Jan-98  23:32:13
Sb: #12441-B5 in the news
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing the article and review.

      They had MY picture in there?  Oh, dear, there go their sales figures,
down the toilet....

                                                                    jms

   time reading the messages. ]

 #: 12545 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Jan-98  23:32:14
Sb: #12527-Were four sections okay?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't think I've much noticed or cared what sections there were, or
how many there were.  I just mainly look at what messages come to me directly,
and what new ones there are, using Tapcis...there could be 50 sections or 5,
the number of questions tends to remain the same.

                                                                    jms

   more sympathetic to the Second Ones than Kosh II, or is the
   Vorlons' place in the saga over?" ]

 #: 12546 S4/Seas. 1-4 SPOILERS
    01-Jan-98  23:32:14
Sb: #12448-#Kosh (Spoilers to ITF)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That's a good question, and one of the things I'd like to do (but which
I can't see any way to do in the series) is the whole story of who Kosh was,
how he got to be who and what he was, why he felt the way he did toward humans
(part of it was knowing Valen)...maybe this will have to go into one of the
novels.

                                                                    jms

   the Sci Fi Channel over the New Year's Holiday. Comments on what
   looked like a couple of episodes on videotape. ]

 #: 12547 S20/The Zocalo
    01-Jan-98  23:32:14
Sb: #12342-TZ Marathon
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I saw some of it, was working most of the time.  They did shoot a few
select shows on videotape, as an experiment, which they later dropped.

                                                                    jms

 #: 12486 S20/The Zocalo
    01-Jan-98  17:20:14
Sb: #TZ Marathon
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Happy New Year Joe,

Just saw a TZ episode where an earth spaceship rescues a group of people
whohave been stranded for 20 years or so.  Tim O'Connor played the rescuing
commander ( I like that guy ).  He gave a suprisingly accurate account of what
the last 20 years were like.  Small conflicts but never nuclear war, education
and communication reaching nearly every home around the world.  Man, Rod
Serling sure was a visionary in that respect. I can see why you admire the man
so much.  Didnt you meet him once?

BTW,

Ill be sending those airship historical photos for John and Bruce this
weekend. Thanks for the handoff.

1998 will be your pinnacle year,

Mike

 #: 12544 S20/The Zocalo
    01-Jan-98  23:32:13
Sb: #12486-TZ Marathon
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, I did meet Rod once, though it wasn't until it was too late that he
was identified to me, at which point he'd left (typical).  He was the best of
us.

                                                                    jms

 #: 12688 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    03-Jan-98  00:17:10