JMS on CompuServe (Jan 08, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Jan 9 02:17:44 EST 1998

    Sb: #13828-cudos & such
    Sb: #13872-#TNT Ratings
    Sb: #13863-Congrats on ITB
    Sb: #13830-<Rising Star: boffed>
    Sb: #13894-Overwhelmed
    Sb: #14013-<Soul Hunters>

 #: 13876 S2/Bab 5: General
    07-Jan-98  23:56:01
Sb: #13828-cudos & such
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Did you consider putting the scene of the hunter confronting the Minbari at
the battle of the line into the movie?"

      Yeah, for some time, in fact...but the logistics involved in staging a
full-scale assault, dozens of soul hunters, the fight itself, would've taken
up about 10-15 minutes minimum, which would have had to come out elsewhere,
and I can't find 15 minutes in that movie that's expendable.  One can only do
so much in the amout of space, and time, and money, one has.

"One is a picture of what appears to be a soul hunter craft crashed into a
jungle scene beside a Mayan looking temple.  At the time I just assumed that
eventually an episode would bring that to light, but nothing ever has."

      No, that's an image Ron did on his own, had nothing to do with the show.

                                                                    jms

 #: 13872 S2/Bab 5: General
    07-Jan-98  22:05:11
Sb: #TNT Ratings
Fm: JOSEPH  DEMARTINO

Sorry to e-mail you direct, but thought you should know that at least one
website (not TNT's) has posted a press release about the ratings for Sunday
night.  Was about to paste an excerpt into a post here, but then realized you
should have the pleasure of giving the fans here the news.  Let me add my
personal thanks for, and congratulations on, "In the Beginning."  I loved it.

Regards,

Joe

 #: 13879 S2/Bab 5: General
    07-Jan-98  23:59:12
Sb: #13872-#TNT Ratings
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      If the release is up, then by all means, repost it.

      And thanks...we did killer numbers.

                                                                    jms

 #: 13878 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    07-Jan-98  23:56:01
Sb: #13863-Congrats on ITB
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, I named them Shadows after the Jungian notion of the Shadow, which
is the part of the mind which is all desire, and is destructive.

                                                                    jms

 #: 13877 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    07-Jan-98  23:56:01
Sb: #13830-<Rising Star: boffed>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"In the scene with Franklin and the very upset Ivanova, when she uses the word
"boffed" (like Marcus), was this intended as just a cute scene or a hint that
the transfer would have had lasting effects?"

      No, nothing more was intended than what was seen.

                                                                    jms

 #: 13894 S2/Bab 5: General
    08-Jan-98  06:47:10
Sb: Overwhelmed
Fm: NEIL S. TURKENKOPF

Ok,so it's not quite the same thrill as tuning in to your favorite UPN station
for daily B5 fix and finding "Moesha"...

Now that the first wave of congratulatory messages has subsided,I just had to
say how fantastic it is for me to finally see the episodes that I missed!
Having read about these first eps in posts here & there, Lurker's Guide,etc is
just not the same as actually seeing them! Sincere & heartfelt "Thank You's!"
to you and TNT for making myself and so many others feel complete.

 #: 14032 S2/Bab 5: General
    08-Jan-98  16:57:10
Sb: #13894-Overwhelmed
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...it's so strange to see the show starting all over again....

                                                                    jms

   Beginning" because the movie was too long. ]

 #: 14033 S4/Seas. 1-4 SPOILERS
    08-Jan-98  16:57:10
Sb: #14013-<Soul Hunters>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, there wasn't time to do it in the movie...it would've taken about
10-15 minutes to set it up and pay it off properly, and I couldn't find 15
expendable minutes in ItB.  There's a brief window after the body's death
where the soul hunters can still move in, so there was time...we showed their
ships moving in in Atonement, and to do so again here would get in the way and
really confuse new viewers.