JMS on CompuServe (Jul 13, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Mon Jul 13 22:05:26 EDT 1998

    Sb: #39073-WB Home Video Does B5
    Sb: #39025-#Sentient Sphincters
    Sb: #38956-Crusade Cast Address ??
    Sb: #39221-More B5 Fans
    Sb: #39323-B5 and PDAs
    Sb: #39406-#Ivanova
    Sb: #39309-#Mexico
    Sb: #39294-Crusade: Pre Production!
    Sb: #Crusade Casting

 #: 39073 S2/Bab 5: General
    09-Jul-98  23:08:02
Sb: #33369-#WB Home Video Does B5
Fm: BRUCE SCANDARIATO

JMS,

just wondering.. what dvd format does WB uses?

 #: 39084 S2/Bab 5: General
    10-Jul-98  01:40:09
Sb: #39073-WB Home Video Does B5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Huh?

                                                                    jms

 #: 38956 S2/Bab 5: General
    08-Jul-98  17:21:04
Sb: #38940-Crusade Cast Address ??
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

>> She played in the pilot, but we never confirm for series until after we
pick up an actor's contract. <<

Right....  I wondered about something like that.  Well, I hope it works out
that she is in the series.  Will you post the cast here, after it's settled?

I'll file the rest of that message for future use.

Thanks.

Anne

 #: 38986 S2/Bab 5: General
    08-Jul-98  23:53:05
Sb: #38956-Crusade Cast Address ??
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, I'll post the info when I can.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39221 S2/Bab 5: General
    10-Jul-98  22:15:08
Sb: More B5 Fans
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

Joe,

Recently, I was wearing my B5 polo to work and one of the ladies (age 50+) who
works in an admin group saw my shirt and told me that when she gets home from
work, she tunes to TNT and watches her "stories," otherwise known as Lois and
Clark, and B5.

Another lady who doesn't have cable in her community borrows my tapes to catch
up on B5. She's now planing to buy a DSS system mainly to get B5 on TNT.

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.20 O-

 #: 39327 S2/Bab 5: General
    11-Jul-98  23:20:13
Sb: #39221-More B5 Fans
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Very cool....

                                                                    jms

 #: 39323 S2/Bab 5: General
    11-Jul-98  20:16:00
Sb: #B5 and PDAs
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

Joe,

Lately, I've been researching PDAs, HPC's and PPC's (oh my!) and have
developed an interest in the 3Com PalmPilot III. Today, I stumbled upon a
PalmPilot software vendor who was selling a CD loaded with 400 programs (a
freeware collection). One of those programs caught my eye. It was a Babylon 5
episode guide.

So now the fully equipped Lurker can check e-mail and calendar; compose some
notes; work with a spreadsheet and check tonight's B5 episode.

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.20 O-

 #: 39396 S2/Bab 5: General
    12-Jul-98  17:51:07
Sb: #39323-B5 and PDAs
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, John Copeland has that B5 guide on his Palm Pilot, and uses it
a lot.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39406 S2/Bab 5: General
    12-Jul-98  20:19:03
Sb: #39372-#Ivanova
Fm: JOSEPH  DEMARTINO

Claudia Christian and Warner Brothers couldn't agree on a new contract when
the show moved from syndication to TNT.  This happened right at the end of
production on S4 (hence she is in "Thirdspace") and has been discussed ad
nauseum here and on the internet.  (Various factions blaming the studio, her
agents, Claudia, JMS, etc.)  I really have NO desire to take another swing at
this moribund equine.  Let's just say the actress is gone and a voice over in
the penultimate S4 episode indicated that Ivanova had chosen to command an
experimental Warlock-class destroyer during its one-year shakedown cruise
rather than replace Sheridan as commander of B5.  She will be back in the
series finale, "Sleeping in Light" which was filmed during S4.

No, it was not originaly planned to have O'Hare/Sinclair around only for one
season.  There is a JMS post in one of the libraries here giving the details
from the time of O'Hare's departure.  Nor, of course, did the character exit
the story - Sinclair continued to be referred to through Michael O'Hare's
guest appearance in S3.

There has been some debate here of late about whether or not the Sinclair
character was supposed to be around for all 5 seasons, with the Valen
revelation coming at the end of the series.  I should state, for the record,
that I am in that camp.  Others have argued that Sinclair was always meant to
exit early, probably in S3 or S4, and put forth various evidence from the
episodes to support this contention.  There are a couple of "Valen
Speculation" threads around if you want to pursue this.  In any event it is
clear that the original plan was not to have him leave after S1, since we
would not have had a resolution to the hints about his identity and his
destiny.

Regards,

Joe

 #: 39417 S2/Bab 5: General
    13-Jul-98  01:26:04
Sb: #39406-#Ivanova
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Bear in mind, though, that the debate on whether or not she was fired or
quit -- she originally said that she was fired -- is over, as she finally
admitted in a magazine interview that she was the one who quit.  So that part
is at least over and done with.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39397 S3/Bab 5:International
    12-Jul-98  17:51:07
Sb: #39309-#Mexico
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I honestly don't know....

                                                                    jms

 #: 39294 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    11-Jul-98  16:32:11
Sb: #Crusade: Pre Production!
Fm: WIZOP WES MEIER

Joe,

Ok, here's the new section.

What have you in the way of juicy items and tasty tidbits to share?

Are you ready for August 3? <g>

                - Wes

 #: 39398 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    12-Jul-98  17:51:07
Sb: #39294-Crusade: Pre Production!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, the Excalibur set is finished, cleaned up after the shooting of A
Call to Arms, and we're building the rest of the interior of the ship, halls,
a medbay, the flight deck, a bullet car for moving around the place, and other
locations.  Also in the final stages of casting for the various regulars.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39415 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    13-Jul-98  00:49:05
Sb: #Crusade Casting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Also rumors that Tracy Scoggins might play Dr. Lochcly. The Captain's Twin
Sister. I hope that is wrong"

      Utterly and totally untrue.

      Never believe everything you read on the nets.