JMS on CompuServe (Jul 16, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Thu Jul 16 22:24:56 EDT 1998

    Sb: #39697-WB Home Video Does B5
    Sb: #39482-#Third Space
    Sb: #39538-#Crusade: Pre Production!
    Sb: #39736-#Crusade Casting

 #: 39697 S2/Bab 5: General
    14-Jul-98  20:37:12
Sb: #39084-#WB Home Video Does B5
Fm: BRUCE SCANDARIATO

>      Huh?

Wow... I actually threw you for a loop! <G>

I just wanted to know what DVD camp Warner Bros is with.  There are 2 camps or
rather standards.

One being DVD itself and the other, a DVD variant called DIVX.

I think Circuit City is pushing the DIVX bit if I remember right.

 #: 39699 S2/Bab 5: General
    14-Jul-98  23:02:09
Sb: #39697-WB Home Video Does B5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Haven't got a clue.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39482 S2/Bab 5: General
    13-Jul-98  15:51:03
Sb: #39448-Third Space
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

>>I thought Third space was on July 15th but I see no listing does anyone know
anything about it?<<

	Sunday, *July 19th,* at 8:00 and 10:00 EDT.
		I think it's weird that the people in the UK will get to see
"SiL" before those of us here in the States though.

 #: 39752 S2/Bab 5: General
    15-Jul-98  11:24:02
Sb: #39482-#Third Space
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I've heard, though have not yet confirmed, that C4 may delay the final 5
until they can air closer to/just after/simultaneous with the US airings. But
I've only heard that from UK fans who've heard it from C4, I have no direct
info on this.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39538 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    14-Jul-98  07:48:12
Sb: #39398-#Crusade: Pre Production!
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>Well, the Excalibur set is finished, cleaned up after the shooting of A Call
to Arms

Does the Excalibur (we need a shorthand for this ship folks) figure in aCtA?

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 39626 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    14-Jul-98  16:42:08
Sb: #39538-#Crusade: Pre Production!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, it's there, and its sister ship, the Victory.

                                                                    jms

 #: 39736 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    15-Jul-98  07:47:10
Sb: #39415-#Crusade Casting
Fm: ELIZABETH

<<"Also rumors that Tracy Scoggins might play Dr. Lochcly. The Captain's Twin
Sister. I hope that is wrong"

      Utterly and totally untrue.

      Never believe everything you read on the nets.>>

I agree, however, I read that particular rumor in Dreamwatch, although I
really doubted it at the time.  <shrug>

(For those interested, it's the most recent Dreamwatch, with "Captain Lochley"
and  "7 of 9" on the cover.)

Elizabeth

 #: 39753 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    15-Jul-98  11:31:10
Sb: #39736-#Crusade Casting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Here's the problem...and SFX is probably the one magazine most
vulnerable to fall for this, though others do it as well.

      Somebody on the net posts something utterly wrong-headed...i.e., "I was
at this convention and Jeff Conaway said that he'd been signed to appear in
Crusade."  (This is an actual example, btw, on the Gallifrey website, I
believe.)  For starters, what Jeff and others signed were *options* on their
services in case we should choose to use them, which were applied ACROSS THE
BOARD to anyone and everyone appearing in "A Call to Arms," because it's pro
forma for such movies that are either pilots or segues to new shows.  That's
all it is.

      But now it gets picked up and repeated on other web sites...and then the
magazines start printing it, saying, "But we saw it on the web, we have a
source for it."  Other web sites see the magazine, and pass on the info,
saying, "But we saw it in a magazine."  And it just goes on and on, a self
renewing implausibility generator...all this because one fan didn't understand
what he was hearing, or got it wrong, because he didn't understand what an
option is or what it means...and suddenly we're getting calls from agents
asking what the hell is going on, and I have to spend time straightening it
out.

      The tendency to cite web sources in magazines has been one of the most
troubling aspects of the cyberworld lately.