Attn JMS: Mind wanderings

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 30 06:16:23 EDT 1998

From: Bryan Campbell <bryany at pathcom.com>
Date: 29 Jul 1998 15:38:22 -0600

Hi!

After seeing 'Chrysalis' & 'Points of Departure' again I read the Lurkers
page on 'Revelations & saw that cast changes between movie pilot & series
had slightly unstuck Sinclair from events in each episode. Lyte might have
been a link to the Vorlons while the shock & betrayal around Laurel
Takashima would of had huge impact. Gone too were talks with Dr. Ben Kyle,
some setups just couldn't develop. So Joe do you think your subconscious
began to build the X, Y, Z that become Sheridan because Sinclair's most
visible links to on-going events were gone from the episodes? Did your mind
wander to other creative shocks for viewers because Sinclair was unstuck
from new supporting players? Not that Sinclair's departure was inevitable,
but it became possible because other characters changed. Takashima would of
been Sinclair's personal link to those claiming to protect Earth when they
were actually betraying it to the Alien menace they used for their own
purposes. Developing that betrayal is just one example of what would of kept
your mind on Sinclair & him central to on-going events. Perhaps your
subconscious lead you to deeply embed a new central character into the sage
because Sinclair's planned support was gone. Stuff happens & we don't
realize it, that is the fascination of B5!

Regards,
Bryan

-> "I don't need to stand to talk, to advise, & to generally make a pain in
the ass out of myself." Dr. Stephen Franklin, "Babylon 5": 'Shadow Dancing'