JMS on CompuServe (Jun 30, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Tue Jun 30 22:44:28 EDT 1998

    Sb: #37748-JMS and "Ghostbusters"
    Sb: #37632-#JMS and "Ghostbusters"
    Sb: #37652-#B5 Inspiration
    Sb: #37730-#Showers&Baths
    Sb: #37642-Episode Order (again)
    Sb: #37607-#The Art of Babylon 5
    Sb: #37846-#JMS and "Ghostbusters"
    Sb: #37782-UK B5 Screening Now Free

 #: 37748 S2/Bab 5: General
    28-Jun-98  22:06:08
Sb: #37591-#JMS and "Ghostbusters"
Fm: RAY PELZER

I don't think Joel was referring to "Extreme Ghostbusters" (activate gag
reflex)... I think he meant the Filmation thing taken from the Forrest
Tucker/Larry live show that got into all the legal hassle over the naming (I
think you once said that was why you added "Real" into the name).

 #: 37753 S2/Bab 5: General
    29-Jun-98  00:11:03
Sb: #37748-JMS and "Ghostbusters"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"I think he meant the Filmation thing taken from the Forrest Tucker/Larry live
show that got into all the legal hassle over the naming (I think you once said
that was why you added "Real" into the name)."

      Oh, that...yeah, there was a live-action show called Ghostbusters that
those two (Larry Storch) did, which sued over the name Ghostbusters, and won
the right to do an animated series by that name.  Which is why ours was called
The Real....

                                                                    jms

 #: 37637 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Jun-98  22:35:08
Sb: #37632-#JMS and "Ghostbusters"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"You seem to have a lot of exposure to cartoons and/or kids shows. Would you
ever go back?"

      Only if it were my show, top to bottom, and no toy company creative
input.

                                                                    jms

   characters and wants to send scans to JMS. ]

 #: 37722 S2/Bab 5: General
    28-Jun-98  19:17:04
Sb: #37652-#B5 Inspiration
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I think that's great.  Best to upload them here, so that others can see
them as well.  I look forward to seeing them.

                                                                    jms

 #: 37754 S2/Bab 5: General
    29-Jun-98  00:11:03
Sb: #37730-#Showers&Baths
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"PS: This is something that gnaws at my subconscious...  In one of the very
1st episodes wasn't the gender of Santiago given as female by an ISN reporter
speaking about the coming election?  There are so few flubs in the story arc
that I almost feel sure it is my immagination BUT it gnaws..."

      It's your imagination; that was the candidate running against Santiago,
not the guy himself.  I know because we used Doug's picture for Santiago, and
a picture of our wardrobe designer for the opposition.

                                                                    jms

 #: 37642 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    28-Jun-98  05:43:13
Sb: #Episode Order (again)
Fm: DARRAN WILLIAMS

Hello Joe,

After watching 'The Ragged Edge' again a thought occurred to me. I believe
originally (before the order change on TNT) you had 'Day of the Dead' down to
be shown after 'Pheonix Rising' and before 'The Ragged Edge'. However London &
G'kar do not arrive back on the Station until 'The Ragged Edge'. Therefore
would it make more sense to have 'Day of the Dead' after 'The Ragged Edge' and
before 'Corps..'?

Darran..

 #: 37723 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    28-Jun-98  19:17:04
Sb: #37642-Episode Order (again)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      We'll probably juggle this about down the road, once we're into reruns
full time.

                                                                    jms

 #: 37607 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    27-Jun-98  09:48:07
Sb: The Art of Babylon 5
Fm: DARRAN WILLIAMS

Hello Joe,

I've seen in several magazines that this book is due for release later this
year. Can you offer any information on the format that this book will take.
I'm assuming that it will follow similar publications such as the one for Star
Trek and various movies and consist of a variety of pre-production designs for
sets, cloths, fx etc.. as well as the post-production results.

I'm looking foreward to getting hold of a copy.

Regards..
Darran.

 #: 37638 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    27-Jun-98  22:35:08
Sb: #37607-#The Art of Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I believe the book is currently on hold at this end.

                                                                    jms

 #: 37846 S2/Bab 5: General
    29-Jun-98  16:31:05
Sb: #37648-JMS and "Ghostbusters"
Fm: CAROL NAYLOR

Message text written by Graham Smith
>  However, perhaps this time you can avoid the creation of any stuffed toys
:)<

Just had a really twisted thought - the only way that Joe can stop anyone
marketing a toy simply called BaBearlon (no logos or anything) is to trademark
the name. Given his professed loathing for the little beast......what an
indignity! <g>

The Horror!

Carol

 #: 37922 S2/Bab 5: General
    30-Jun-98  01:06:07
Sb: #37846-#JMS and "Ghostbusters"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Just had a really twisted thought - the only way that Joe can stop anyone
marketing a toy simply called BaBearlon (no logos or anything) is to trademark
the name."

      Well, it's the only way only IF you set aside the use of certain
medeival torture instruments applied in utterly innovative and colorful ways.

                                                                    jms

 #: 37782 S3/Bab 5:International
    29-Jun-98  10:05:11
Sb: #34987-UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: GERARD KEATING (IRELAND)

Joe,

>> I try to stick to what I actually know to be true on these things. <<

pity you did not do that BEFORE you wrongly accused Wolf of selling the ticket
behind Warners Back.

Do you now accept that you were actually wrong to accuse Wolf in THIS matter?
I know you have "history" with Wolf on other matters, but you said an other
post (enclosed) that this was not an issue with the screening.

>> This isn't about politics or squabbles or personalities; fundamentally, it
doesn't even have anything to do with Wolf...if the Wrap party were trying
something like this, I'd do exactly the same thing, because when the whole
thing was initially brought to my attention, I was told that it would be a
free screening, possibily in connection with a convention, possibly not, but
free in either event. <<

Gerard J Keating (Ireland) 17:59 on 29-Jun-98 using OzWIN II ver 2.21 (rc2)

 #: 38005 S3/Bab 5:International
    30-Jun-98  14:39:12
Sb: #37782-UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Gerard, I have already told you, weeks ago, in response to your emails,
that I will not respond to you further.  Take it somewhere else.