JMS on CompuServe (Mar 05, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Thu Mar 5 04:50:38 EST 1998

    Sb: #22055-#Interesting Quote
    Sb: #22229-#Thirdspace - WHEN?
    Sb: #22117-Interesting Quote
    Sb: #22248-#Interesting Quote
    Sb: #22306-Thirdspace - WHEN?
    Sb: #22281-#Thirdspace - WHEN?
    Sb: #22299-#"Big Screen B5"?

 #: 22055 S2/Bab 5: General
    28-Feb-98  15:44:01
Sb: #Interesting Quote
Fm: ROBERT R. WIGGINS

Don't know if you saw this quote in from Rich Goldberg, VP of programming for
DirecTV, in the March isue of Satellite Direct, but I thought you might find
it....interesting. Readers are left to draw their own conclusions.

"UPN calls are less about UPN and more about Star Trek. But now that Babylon 5
is on TNT, what I've heard from our customer services is that whatever calls
we were getting about UPN, there are now fewer of them."

-- Wiggo

 #: 22091 S2/Bab 5: General
    28-Feb-98  22:37:08
Sb: #22055-#Interesting Quote
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Could you tell me what page that's on?  Because I have that issue, but
couldn't find the ST article that's bannered on the cover.

                                                                    jms

 #: 22229 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Mar-98  17:08:05
Sb: #22167-#Thirdspace - WHEN?
Fm: MICHAEL L. WONCH

JMS may be saying thigns differently now, but I don't think there will be a
Season 6.  The original story arc is finished after 5.  Movies are a different
story.  Don't know about Crusade(sounds familiar, though), but Thirdspace will
be airing in July.  I think JMS could do a lot with 2 hour TV movies or even
the Big Screen.

 #: 22274 S2/Bab 5: General
    02-Mar-98  00:04:02
Sb: #22229-#Thirdspace - WHEN?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Just got clarification and verification: Thirdspace does indeed air July
19th, and another B5 TV movie airs November 23rd, and one more on January 3rd.

                                                                    jms

 #: 22117 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Mar-98  00:37:10
Sb: #22091-Interesting Quote
Fm: ROBERT R. WIGGINS

The article starts on page 21, and the quote is on page 23. But you could
never guess that that's the article that the ST banner on the cover is
referring to.

-- Wiggo

 #: 22178 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Mar-98  14:26:07
Sb: #22117-Interesting Quote
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Got it, thanks.

                                                                    jms

 #: 22248 S2/Bab 5: General
    01-Mar-98  18:22:06
Sb: #22093-#Interesting Quote
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Rowan,

	<I got mine for The Tick . . . <g>>

	Thanks for being the exception that proves the rule.<G>

						Tom^^^^

 #: 22276 S2/Bab 5: General
    02-Mar-98  00:24:14
Sb: #22248-#Interesting Quote
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Trivia...actually, the original Latin phrase (if I have this right from
memory) is "exceptio probat regulum," a colloquialism which actually means
"the exception puts the rulte to the test of proof."  It's the bastardized
interpretation which comes out to "exception proves rule."

                                                                    jms

 #: 22306 S2/Bab 5: General
    02-Mar-98  09:39:12
Sb: #22274-Thirdspace - WHEN?
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>Thirdspace does indeed air July 19th, and another B5 TV movie airs November
23rd, and one more on January 3rd.

another one?

These the ones already in the can or is TNT just going hog wild?

One other thing. You said you would really like to get about 15 minutes of
Sleeping in Light back in. Have you asked if they would be willing to give you
two hours to go out on and make up the additional time with something like a
big wrap up of the making of the show?

Hell, they let you recut The Gathering which you figured you'd never get to
do, and they seems amenable to reasonable requests. Besides, the show ought to
go out with a long ep.

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 22473 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Mar-98  11:39:02
Sb: #22306-Thirdspace - WHEN?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, the episode is the episode; the only reason I could get in 15
minutes back in the pilot was because I could find 15 minutes to cut *out* to
make room for it easily, and still maintain the same basic running time.  SiL
is as tight as it's ever gonna get.

                                                                    jms

 #: 22281 S2/Bab 5: General
    02-Mar-98  04:46:00
Sb: #22274-Thirdspace - WHEN?
Fm: MICHAEL L. WONCH

Message text written by J. Michael Straczynski
> Just got clarification and verification: Thirdspace does indeed air July
19th, and another B5 TV movie airs November 23rd, and one more on January
3rd.<

JMS,

After all that great B5 stuff, any plans for the Big Screen of a periodic
return with the occassional movie after the Season 5 run?

 #: 22472 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Mar-98  11:39:02
Sb: #22281-#Thirdspace - WHEN?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      We'll have to see on that one; I'm in no major rush.

                                                                    jms

 #: 22299 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Mar-98  09:08:06
Sb: #16944-"Big Screen B5"?
Fm: ED BRANDT

Just on that thought. Has there been any ideas of makeing a B5 movie, i.e.
like the Start Trek films. Also, I heard WAY back that there was a possible
third movie in the plans that might touch on the Valen/Sinclair story?

Ed Brandt
Raanana, Israel

*The universe holds many wonders: Be terrified and       *
*relieved that we have not explained everything yet.     *
*Don't shoot people: The paperwork is a pain in the butt.*

 #: 22474 S3/Bab 5:International
    03-Mar-98  11:39:02
Sb: #22299-#"Big Screen B5"?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There have been discussions, but nothing firm as of this time.