ATTN JMS: Just watched SOtS

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 10 06:22:12 EST 1998

From: annarky at juno.com
Date: 7 Mar 1998 18:57:31 -0700

No spoiler space, cuz I don't give anything away.

I've been a lurker here since 1995... never posted... but I just finished
reading a few of Joe's posts and then watching "Secrets of the Soul,"
(after watching G'Kar give up his council seat in a rerun earlier today)
and I am *moved* to the point where I have to finally speak up.  Two
things...

	One, Joe, I'm really going to miss you in the future.  You've
mentioned that after B5 was over you wouldn't be online as much, and I
completely understand the need to cut back on the amount of time you
spend online. (Especially since my ulnar nerve syndrome is similar to
your own CTS problem!)  But I'm going to miss your insights, jokes,
comments, philosophical barbs, and just answering questions... I've
learned a lot from you (though you didn't know it -- weird huh?) over the
last few years. However...
	If you spend more of your time writing stories like "And the Rock
Cried Out No Hiding Place" and "Secrets of the Soul" ...  I will be
happy.  The more we can get out of you, the better <wink>!  Because I can
learn just as much (about writing, for sure, and even about life) from
viewing/reading (I feel like I've been reading, even though I'm watching
a TV show) your work.  If I can produce one piece in my lifetime that is
half as complex, emotional, intense, philosophical, and simply beautiful
as this B5 work of yours, my life will be well spent.  My goodness, man,
you truly kick ass!  (and that's a most sincere GenX compliment from the
gut)  :-)  Please know that all those years spent busting your butt to
become a better writer, no compromises and all that, have really come to
fruition.  You are creating some powerful stuff, there...  And I thank
you -- for the entertainment, for the inspiration, for everything...
	Now, back to my Squirrel Nut Zippers CD and a little wild
physical activity to tire me out enough to make sleep a possibility...

--CAS

PS: Thanx for signing my copy of your screenwriting book at Westercon 50
in Seattle last year; it really meant a lot!  (And anyone who wants to
reprint this message anywhere, feel free!)

"It's time to reintroduce anarchy as a viable option."
			-- Cory Gray
"I am become gray... I stand between the candle and the star."
			-- Delenn, of the Gray Council

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]