JMS on CompuServe (Mar 17, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Wed Mar 18 00:36:36 EST 1998

    Sb: #24282-<Day of the Dead>
    Sb: #24187-#Rebo & Zooty
    Sb: #24324-Episode Name Change?
    Sb: #24551-Richard Biggs
    Sb: #24466-Episode Name Change?
    Sb: #24588-#<Day O' Dead Mistake?>

 #: 24282 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    14-Mar-98  17:27:08
Sb: #23993-#<Day of the Dead>
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

Joe,

RE: the Rebo and Zooty "hat trick" scene...

Was the laughter mostly acting or mostly genuine?

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.14 O-

 #: 24340 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    14-Mar-98  23:11:05
Sb: #24282-<Day of the Dead>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Depending on which take was being shot...half and half.

                                                                    jms

   the script without prior communication from [Penn and Teller]?" ]

 #: 24341 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    14-Mar-98  23:11:05
Sb: #24187-#Rebo & Zooty
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Neil wrote for R&Z, and we looked around for casting...it occured to
someone -- may have been me, maybe casting, I don't remember -- that it might
be better to use a real comedy team than create one.  B5 called P&T, and they
said yes.

                                                                    jms

 #: 24324 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    14-Mar-98  19:06:08
Sb: #Episode Name Change?
Fm: MARTIN ROTH

Hi Joe,

TNT's web site lists the title of the episode coming up in two weeks as "A
Tradgedy of Telepaths (a.k.a. Cat and Mouse)"

Two quick questions about this:

1. Is it correct to assume that they included the "(a.k.a. Cat and Mouse)"
part simply because this was the working title that we've all seen on the
upcoming episode lists, or is there something more to it?

2. Is there anything to the "Tradgedy" spelling, or is it a TNT mistake?

Thanks,

-- Marty     PPG

 #: 24353 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    15-Mar-98  00:50:11
Sb: #24324-Episode Name Change?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's a typo on their parts...and Cat and Mouse was a) a working title
which I kept out there to b) avoid possible spoiling of various directions for
as long as possible.

                                                                    jms

   "Anchorage, Alaska." ]

 #: 24639 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Mar-98  14:54:10
Sb: #24551-Richard Biggs
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...they're all great folks, and Richard's a real kick.

                                                                    jms

 #: 24466 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    15-Mar-98  19:44:05
Sb: #24353-Episode Name Change?
Fm: REBECCA ESCHLIMAN

JMS,

It suddenly occurred to me that you may have intended "A Tragedy of Telepaths"
to be a pretty nifty term of venery.  Psi Corps, from what we've seen of them
so far, could be called a tragedy of telepaths. IIRC, we had a thread going
many moons ago about possible B5 terms of venery, but I can't recall any of
them (an enigma of Vorlons?...).

-rje-

The best thing we can do is to make wherever we're lost in look as much like
home as we can. -- Christopher Fry

 #: 24640 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Mar-98  14:54:10
Sb: #24466-Episode Name Change?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah...I figured, a flock of geese, a herd of buffalo, a tragedy of
telepaths...actually, though, the credit for that must go to John Copeland,
who came up with it over lunch one day.

                                                                    jms

   saw him shirtless in "Day of the Dead." ]

 #: 24590 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Mar-98  00:09:02
Sb: #24588-#<Day O' Dead Mistake?>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It was...it was...plastic surgery, see...yeah, that's what it was,
plastic surgery, that's the ticket....