ATTN JMS: Some Self-Indulgence

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 23 06:46:16 EDT 1998

From: Will Orr <worrpax at mci2000.com>
Date: 22 May 1998 09:57:04 -0600

I'm sure you've answered this somewhere else on any or all of
the newsgroups at one time or another and if anybody out there
has read it elsewhere on the Net, you might drop me a link
where I can pick it up:

I was wondering what's it like for you as an sf
books/movies/TV fan when people mention you or talk to you in
the same breath as Gene Roddenberry or George Lucas and tell
you that what you've done in creating a universe that has
affected so many peoples' imaginations will probably be as
well-remembered and well-loved as the STAR TREK and/or STAR
WARS universes?  When you set out, did you have it in the back
of your mind,  "Y'know, one of these days, my universe could
well be up there with the others!!"

Just wondering.  I was sitting here doing some surfing this
morning before heading off to work and it suddenly struck me
that I don't remember seeing this question asked or answered.

Have a great day.  As Louis L'Amour quotes in EDUCATION OF A
WANDERING MAN,  "May there be a road."

Will

"We live for the One.  We die for the One."