Goodbye

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Nov 14 06:21:40 EST 1998

From: vampry at mindspring.com (Sue Phillips)
Date: 13 Nov 1998 12:18:42 -0700

Now that there is only two weeks left for Babylon 5 (as we know it),
I find that I don't want to say goodbye.  I don't want to lose track
of these people.  Even if I didn't agree with all their life
choices, I enjoyed watching them make them.  They've become friends
and sometimes you lose track of friends.

I get the feeling that I'll never find them again, though...except
in the  "Call to Arms" movie, of course.  (Sheridan and Garibaldi
*are* in that one, aren't they?)  That's sad and that's what I don't
want to do.  If nothing else, I want to get one of those annual
"This is what's happened in my life since the last time I sent one"
letters that some people send in lieu of Christams cards.  I want to
know who got married, who didn't.  (Out of those who aren't already
married when the show ends.)  I want to know about kids.

I want to know about the Telepath War, about the "incident with
their son" (their being Sheridan and Delenn as mentioned in
"Deconstruction...).  I want to know about the other "black
projects" Edgars Industries was involved in.  I want to know how
G'Kar got back to Centauri Prime. (We know he did from WWE.)  I want
to know what happens to Lyta.  (Pat Tallman has said she wasn't even
mentioned in SiL.)

If you want to call it separation anxiety, go right ahead.  I've
been here since the beginning.  I've been watching B5 since the
beginning.  I know in my head that all things must end.  But I don't
have bone knowledge of it.  My heart doesn't want to hear this.

Yes, there are tapes.  Yes, there is "Call to Arms" and "Crusade"
yet to come.  But Crusade will be a whole new set of people to
become friendly with - I hope so anyway - which is not bad in itself
but is not the same.

Damn but I'm going to miss this show.  Even with all the syndication
problems and the time slot problems and TNT moving it around a bit
now.  Even with the plot problems and the times I wanted to throw
something at the screen...or at Joe. <g>

I don't want to say goodbye.

Sue

>I get the feeling that I'll never find them again, though...except
>in the  "Call to Arms" movie, of course.  (Sheridan and Garibaldi
>*are* in that one, aren't they?)

Also Lochley and Zack.

>I don't want to say goodbye.

Me either.