ATTN JMS: Your opinion of your work

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 26 06:31:21 EST 1998

From: "Dave Selby" <rhb at wave.co.nz (nospam)>
Date: 24 Nov 1998 10:37:41 -0700

I don't intend to sound like I'm placing you on a pedestal but do you think
that in years to come film and language students of all ages will study
Babylon 5 In the same way that our generation studies the works of
Shakespear and even the authors you have paid homage to, such as George
Orswell and Isaac Asimov? The deep and complex storyline I think warrants a
fair bit of academic analysis.

Babylon 5 has had a great impact on our culture that will no doubt mature
with time. You have set a standard that other Sci-fi shows now have to live
up to or be thrown into the abyss. Eventually, as Star Trek becomes more
and more like Baywatch, I think The Babylon Project and it's spin-offs will
be recognised as the best piece of science fiction in modern culture (note
to everyone: Star Wars is a space fantasy,it doesn't count. So don't
whine,I won't listen)

I wish you the best of luck with Crusade and hope everyone loves Sleeping
in Light (unfortunately we don't get Sleeping in Light here in New Zealand
for another two months. I've held out without reading spoilers since No
Compromise aired in January. Two more months won't hurt).

--
Dave  Selby
rhb at wave.co.nz

"This is how the world ends. Swallowed in fire, but not in darkness."