administrivia (b5jms list resurrected)

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 26 15:36:14 EST 1998

This is a message from the maintainer of B5JMS.

After several of you complained, I finally caught the source of the
mysterious silence on the B5JMS list.  The list of all subscribers to B5JMS
apparently got deleted on our majordomo list server on October 1.  I don't
know how that happened.  Since this thing had happened one other time before
(2+ years ago), I already put in place a daily backup of the subscribership.
I restored the list to its former state and then manually added/removed
those people who subscribed/unsubscribed since the 1st of the month.

The problem did not affect those who subscribed to B5JMS-DIGEST, only those
who subscribed to B5JMS.

I will now resend all of the b5jms mail from 10/1/98 until today.  There
were a total of 9-10 such messages.  A few of you may have already received
some of those articles.  Please ignore any duplicates.

It took me almost a month to track the problem because I was thrown off by
JMS' general pullback from Usenet.  I mistakenly attributed the lack of
B5JMS auto-mail to Joe being quiet.  While Joe had been quiet, he hadn't
pulled back for a month...

As always, you may use the B5JMS home page to check your subscription status
and to retrieve any old/lost archives of B5JMS.

And, while I'm at it, a quick reminder to U.S. viewers: *this* Wednesday the
first of B5's last five episodes air on TNT, starting at 10pm EST.  Also,
don't forget to catch "River of Souls" on Sunday, November 8th at 8pm EST.

B5JMS Poster.
Maintainer, B5JMS and B5JMS-DIGEST lists.
Email: b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu
WWW:   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/b5jms/