ATTN JMS. Kosh and Lorien debate

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Dec 21 04:25:24 EST 1999

From: "Shaz" <hypatia at Dial.pipex.com>
Date: 19 Dec 1999 10:31:41 -0700

A friend and I are having a rather interesting (and long) email discussion
on the resolution of the Shadow War and in that I said that:

In Whatever Happened to Mr Garibaldi? (which is perhaps my all time
favourite episode barring Sleeping in Light that I can hardly bear to
watch!), when Sheridan tells Lorien the Vorlon inside him is Kosh, Lorien
says 'Is that its name? I think I met it once, long ago'. Maybe Lorien
taught Naranek a thing or two, showing him what had to be done one day.

to which my friend replied it seemed a pretty slim thing on which to base an
argument (which is true, but I've seem slimmer in B5!) regarding whether or
not Lorien influenced Kosh Naranek's decision to teach Sheridan how to fight
all legends, INCLUDING the Vorlons. But in my experience you don't normally
drop stuff like that unless you mean it. The juxtaposition of Kosh and
Lorien, combined with Kosh's presence in Sheridan as a result of his
(Kosh's) sacrifice seems too significant in an all round significant
episode.

Lorien says 'I THINK I met it once' and, as we all know, both Kosh Ulkesh
and Kosh Naranek are Kosh, so Lorien is either whistling in the wind or
knows one Kosh from another and, hence, can pass comment.

So the question (after all that!) is DID Lorien meet Kosh Naranek, and was
this meeting instrumental in persuading Naranek the time had come to help
the younger races be free of the millennial cycle of war?

A yes would settle it. A no would elicit queries as to why Lorien made the
comment.

Cheers.

Shaz

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

Help feed the world. Go to:

http://www.thehungersite.com/