Attn JMS: Comments on KODO

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Dec 31 04:42:25 EST 1999

From: cassius81 at aol.com (Cassius81)
Date: 30 Dec 1999 17:46:59 -0700

Well, after reading your reccomendation, I put "KODO: Live at Acropolis" on my
Christmas list (yes, I know it's passe, and yes, I still believe in Santa) and,
lo and behold, got it in my stocking.

What are my thoughts?

I think it's f*cking awesome, and I don't attach that label to many things. In
fact, my fingertips are now bruised from drumming along with the CD too much.

Track 5 in particular ("O-Daiko") is mind blowing.

Still, KODO doesn't come anywhere near beating out the Akira soundtrack as my
favorite CD of all time. It's ridiculous that there aren't any other releases
by the Geinoh Yamashirogumi here in the states. It's not fair, I tell you...

Hm. I just realized that half the stuff I've been involved with lately involves
Japan in some way... the Akira soundtrack, KODO, my viewing of three Godzilla
movies on Sunday, and the last few tapes of Neon Genesis Evangelion (dear God,
I love that show...). But I digress.

In any case, I loved the KODO CD. Just thought you'd like to know.

Cassius' Quote of the Day:
Asuka Langley Sohryu: "I should *never* kiss to kill time!"