B5 on Drew Carey show

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 11 04:42:58 EST 1999

From: "Thomas Lawson" <Kurmark at ix.netcom.com>
Date: 10 Feb 1999 23:33:13 -0700

> Some people might be interested in this.  I'm watching the Drew Carey
> show.  The character played by Ryan Stiles, I can't remember his name,
> came into the bar dressed as G'kar, saying he was on his way to a B5
> convention.  Then they showed the convention.  They had people in
> costumes -  Minbari, Narn, Centauri, and even a few of the minor race -
> it really shocked me at how authentic they were.  The whole show
> revolves around a woman who he met at the B5 convention.  I've heard B5
> mentioned on the Drew Carey show before - does anyone know the
> connection between the two shows?  Is one of the actors a fan of B5 in
> real life, or what?

Through the fortune of Valen smiling down upon me I actually ran across
that episode right as the guy walked in the bar dressed like a Narn. I also
thought the costumes looked really good, as though someone from the B5
group had done their costumes for them. The episode made B5 fans look
better than Trekkers I think, since there was a hot chick dressed up as a
Minbari. BTW, wasn't that the woman from Loveline?

This episode also made me think about a B5 dating service. Is there one on
the net anywhere? I have several female friends trying to find me a
girlfriend, but they say the requirement I stipulated, that the girl must
like B5.......isn't helping at all and needs to be downgraded to liking
sci-fi in general.