Attn :JMS - Costumes ?? for The Long Road (spoilers)

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Jun 19 04:31:22 EDT 1999

From: Kailin <kailin at ibm.net>
Date: 17 Jun 1999 18:47:21 -0600

Spoiler space for a costume observation

Well, I saw this episode at Gallifrey in February, but I guess it didn't
register with me then, having so little to base it on. Anyhow, after
seeing War Zone and A Call To Arms last week, I couldn't help wondering
if Galen was going to be stuck in those long, magician like robes for
the entire series. Well, after seeing The Long Road again tonight, I
hadn't noticed that he was actually wearing a trenchcoat this time. Was
this episode one of the ones filmed after the initial hiatus when some
of the set and costumes were changed, or do his costumes change a lot in
each episode?

One other quick question. Alwyn mentions to the miners that he has lived
among them for nearly 12 years, but he also mentions that he chose not
to join the other Technomages when they left known space. Since that
happened in Season 2 of B5, and Crusade is about 5 years after B5, I get
about 9 years, using all my fingers and toes. So, where do the other 3
years come into play?

--
Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Kailin

"When hell freezes over, we can all play hockey there."

	-AgamemCon III: A Science Fiction Convention-
     	   -----check out our web site at:-----
		http://www.agamemcon.org/
Galen in Crusade "If I'm going to die, I'd rather do so in a room with a
view."

>Well, after seeing The Long Road again tonight, I
>hadn't noticed that he was actually wearing a trenchcoat this time. Was
>this episode one of the ones filmed after the initial hiatus when some
>of the set and costumes were changed, or do his costumes change a lot in
>each episode?

They were all filmed in the same batch; and he does have a couple of
changes.>One other quick question. Alwyn mentions to the miners that he has
lived
>among them for nearly 12 years, but he also mentions that he chose not
>to join the other Technomages when they left known space. Since that
>happened in Season 2 of B5, and Crusade is about 5 years after B5, I get
>about 9 years, using all my fingers and toes. So, where do the other 3
>years come into play?

He had been there for a few years prior to the great exodus.  (His background
is explored in more detail in one of the technomage novels.)