Attn: JMS - Bryan Coney

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 17 04:28:42 EDT 1999

From: Kailin <kailin at ibm.net>
Date: 15 Sep 1999 22:46:13 -0600

Umm, on another list, Bryan Coney just contradicted what I have heard
you say regarding eithe Wolf 359 or Vorcon, or both about some of the
cast members not getting paid for their appearance. I totally don't want
to take him on, but I would like to know if I read you correctly
regarding this issue. If not, or if the situation has been cleared up
since last November, I need to know. I would rather not getting into a
war of words with him.

--
Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Kailin

"When hell freezes over, we can all play hockey there."

	-AgamemCon IV: A Science Fiction Convention-
     	   -----check out our web site at:-----
		http://www.agamemcon.org/
Galen in Crusade "If I'm going to die, I'd rather do so in a room with a
view."
           ~~~~~Save Crusade by writing a simple letter, here's how~~~~~
			http://www.astro.umd.edu/~fleming/index.html

>Umm, on another list, Bryan Coney just contradicted what I have heard
>you say regarding eithe Wolf 359 or Vorcon, or both about some of the
>cast members not getting paid for their appearance. I totally don't want
>to take him on, but I would like to know if I read you correctly
>regarding this issue. If not, or if the situation has been cleared up
>since last November, I need to know. I would rather not getting into a
>war of words with him.

I was told, directly, by a number of cast members that they were most
emphatically *not* paid for their appearances at VorCon, or in other cases paid
only partially.  I have not heard anything to the contrary since then.

Beyond that, I know that WB has initiated action against Cooney on a variety of
charges based on his convention activities, but that's all I know at this time.
 I don't really keep track of it because he's not worth the expenditure of
energy.