ATTN: JMS - A belated thank-you

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon Jan 3 04:31:34 EST 2000

From: bev1will at ecn.ab.ca ()
Date: 2 Jan 2000 22:29:26 -0700

Hi and Happy New Year!

I am forwarding this message on behalf of a lady who had tried to
do it herself, but the message always bounced. So I told her I would have
a go at it. Here's hoping I can break the jinx for her.

Bev

---------------(fwd)----------------

Dear Joe,

I can't get over how even now, after all these years, whenever I watch the
B5 introduction my hair stands on end and a shiver runs down my spine in
anticipation. The characters are introduced with the wonderful theme music
- how it changed every season, like parts in a symphony. No show has ever
had a better introduction!

Scott Adams thought it was the best ever created for television. He must
have read my mind!

I didn't always feel that way. The first season, it was just a good show.
You got to know the characters. Then they started to grab me, as I watched
them change.

Then we had to go through a periods where every week there was
the hunt through the tv guide to find when B5 was to be shown. To be a
fan, you had to really work! How many weeks was it shown at 11 PM, or even
2 AM, or Saturday morning? I remember how one friday night, I was tired
and went to bed early. I woke up with a start around 2 AM, and realized I
had forgotten to watch the show. I felt a great sense of loss - for a tv
show!

Then there was a period - was it between season two and season three (?),
where I didn't know if the show was going to finish. Then I heard it would start
again toward the end of November. I told myself it was ONLY a tv program! What
did it matter if it never came on again? But it did.

Then I started taping each show. You had to see them more than once to
appreciate them. You had to step through some of the special parts in
slow-motion, like Londo's or Gkar's visions, or the fight scene where they
captured Sheridan, or when he fell through Babylon 5 and was caught by
Kosh and Kosh revealed himself. Wow! I could make a whole Wow list!

So thank you, for creating something very special.

   judy at skyhigh.com

>So thank you, for creating something very special.

Your words are most kind; thank you for them.

(all message content (c) 2000 by
synthetic worlds, ltd., permission
to reprint specifically denied to
SFX Magazine)