various announcements coming

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Mar 24 04:24:42 EST 2000

From: Gareth Jones <garethj at cableregina.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2000 13:51:54 -0700

I hope this doesn't mean you are starving... After all it has been nearly year
since you have a steady job.  Perhaps if you're having some trouble you can raise
some money by posting a message here!

Jms at B5 wrote:

> >I hope you got a new series--that would be great!
> >

> Nothing there can happen until later down the road a piece.  The problem is
> that, while freelancers can kinda work year round, there are only two periods
> during which show runners are hired.
>
> The first is late May/June, when series are commissioned from pilots, and those
> that don't already have a show runner attached need to find one.  I missed this
> slot last year because we didn't finish posting on Crusade until late May, and
> because I've kind of been off the network radar screens for six years doing B5
> and Crusade, they weren't even aware I was available (that has since changed).
>
> The other period is late July/mid October, which is when show runners go in and
> pitch series to studios and networks, which are then developed into pilots that
> are shot prior to the following May, when the decisions are made as to what
> goes and what doesn't.  The Chris Carter situation went through this past
> development season, and when Fox pulled out after Harsh Realm went down,
> development season was over.
>
>  jms
>
> (jmsatb5 at aol.com)
> B5 Official Fan Club at:
> http://www.thestation.com
> (all message content (c) 2000 by
> synthetic worlds, ltd., permission
> to reprint specifically denied to
> SFX Magazine)

>I hope this doesn't mean you are starving... After all it has been nearly
>year
>since you have a steady job.  Perhaps if you're having some trouble you can
>raise
>some money by posting a message here!

I have rarely seen a message that manages to be so astonishingly rude on so
many levels simultaneously.