Freedom of speech

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue May 23 04:35:21 EDT 2000

From: Brian Reed <bcreed at nctimes.net>
Date: 22 May 2000 19:40:39 -0600

Jms at B5 wrote:

> People who cite the 2nd Amendment tend to forget the first part of it, which
> refers to a WELL REGULATED MILITIA.
>
> At the time when the Constitution was written, there was no such thing as an
> American army.  People would work as farmers or silversmiths or merchants, and
> would participate as members of a militia in case of problems from the British
> or any other invading force from the OUTSIDE.

But being a writer and knowing how to punctuate sentences you know that a comma
means a new clause or thought. , THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.  Look it up in the numerous writing style books. A comma
initiates a new clause or thought into a paragraph or sentence. It's most
unfortunate that our founding fathers had to believe that future generations would
be unable to understand the additional clauses contained in the Constitution
through the use of simple punctuation marks.

Brian Reed