jms info update

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 3 04:32:57 EDT 2000

From: "Christian McNeill" <christian at quicknet.com.au>
Date: 1 Oct 2000 23:29:54 -0700

"Jms at B5" <jmsatb5 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:20000929195758.22705.00000234 at ng-fq1.aol.com...
> Boy, has this been a week....
>
> As most folks know by now, the news about Marvel entrusting me with their
> flagship title The Amazing Spiderman broke on the nets Monday/Tuesday.  As
> longtime Spidey fan, this is something I'm looking forward to enormously.
You
> can expect to see the first jms-written issue of TMS probably around March
or
> April of next year.

I'm a shorttime Spidey Fan, but he's fast becoming my favourite superhero,
moreso now. :)

> On Wednesday Rising Stars 10 came out (and Midnight Nation 2 is due out in
2
> weeks).

Got it.  Read it.  Blinked.  Read it again.  Then uttered an expletive.

> I also turned in the outline for the pilot TV movie this week, and today,
> Friday, was put to script on THAT project as well.  With that hurdle
passed, I
> can now talk a little about it.  The network is indeed Showtime, as some
have
> speculated, with Paramount Television the studio attached, and it's for an
> hour-series (debuting with a two-hour pilot movie) slated for their Sci-Fi
> Fridays slot.  The project is based on an outside source, though I can't
yet
> comment on that.  I'm on as executive producer/show runner.  In addition,
> feature film director Joe Dante is aboard also as executive producer, and
he
> will be invaluable in setting the visual and directorial tone of the
series.
> It's been an absolute pleasure working with Joe, and if we get past the
next
> few hurdles -- every series has to go through the stages of pilot outline,
> pilot script, decision to produce the script and then the go-order on a
series,
> same as with B5 and every other program -- I'm *really* looking forward to
> working with him on the series.

Do you know how this series will make it to Australian screens?  Will it
also be a Cable release?  Or is that so far in the future that it's not even
a dot yet?

Christian McNeill

One of the Medwar First Ones
Keeper of the "Grrr Arrgh"
Guardian of Mutant Enemy

E-mail: christian at quicknet.com.au
Web: red.underground.com.au
ICQ: 818458
   or  48580607

>Do you know how this series will make it to Australian screens?  Will it
>also be a Cable release?  Or is that so far in the future that it's not even
>a dot yet?

Those decisions are all way down the road; first gotta get the pilot written.

(all message content (c) 2000 by
synthetic worlds, ltd., permission
to reprint specifically denied to
SFX Magazine)