[B5JMS] It was a Straczynskian feat...

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Sun Apr 15 04:24:41 EDT 2001

From: warlock at es.co.nz (Matthew Vincent)
Date: 14 Apr 2001 02:14:55 -0700

On 8 Apr 2001 14:42:49 -0700, jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5) wrote:

>The problem, however, is that EVERY SINGLE DERANGED POST there gets
>automatically forwarded to my email, and I have to deal with this shit on a
>daily basis.  And some of it is extremely offensive, insulting, and there have
>been some not-so-veiled death threats and personal attacks as a result.

I'm so sorry to hear that all this has happened to you. I take this
very seriously too, and am glad that you are taking action of some
sort against the persons responsible. For every person like yourself
who stands up to these jerks, there are hundreds of other victims who
say nothing, often due to feeling self-conscious that it will look
like they're over-reacting. Some people seem to think they can get
away with this kind of stuff over the net, so you're doing the
community a useful service by setting a precedent and providing a
deterrent. As you say, never start a fight, but always finish it.

I'm sure that I speak for many in this newsgroup when I say that you
have our support and that we're here if there's anything we can do. I
hope that you are alright and that you are able to continue with your
work without being too distracted. We're all really looking forward to
the fruits of your labor.

Matthew