[B5JMS] Attn JMS: Crusade question and comments...

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 17 04:22:52 EDT 2001

From: Thomas &/or Thelma Rackers <rackers-t at att.net>
Date: 16 Apr 2001 08:40:50 -0700

Hi Joe,

First off, I definitely agree that the Crusade episode that should've
led off the series on TNT worked just fine, there was enough character
and plot exposition there that the episode TNT wanted to start off with
wasn't necessary.  And I seem to remember THAT episode started off with
a fight scene, which somehow didn't sit well with me.  When you're
right, you're right.

Now my real question.  I read the script you posted for the 14th
episode, which implied that the plot line was about to take a sharp turn

toward Left Kansas.  By any chance, did the Crusade series title relate
more to the series of events which were about to begin than to those we
did see in the first 13 episodes?  At least the way I'm used to the
words being used, I would've thought of the search for a cure for the
Drakh plague as more of a "quest," or search for some thing, than as a
"crusade" or campaign to make something happen.

Oh, and thanks for the tidbit on Lennier's status at the time of
"Sleeping in Light."  Do you anticipate more information about those
events in a book someday?  [And where can one get a Real denn-bok?
You're right, it IS a definite case of pikal envy (sp?).]

And congratulations on the new TV movie and potential series.  At last,
another reason to live....

Tom Rackers

>I read the script you posted for the 14th
>episode, which implied that the plot line was about to take a sharp turn
>
>toward Left Kansas.  By any chance, did the Crusade series title relate
>more to the series of events which were about to begin than to those we
>did see in the first 13 episodes?

It has many different meanings....