[B5JMS] Attn JMS: Rangers, Crusade, DVDs

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 17 04:32:51 EDT 2001

From: "Joseph DeMartino" <jdemarti at bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:44:15 -0400

Your most recent comments quoted on "Cinescape On-Line" have produced the
latest round of "See, I *told* you 'Crusade' is definitely dead" posts.
Based on your earlier comments, I didn't read it that way.  It just sounds
to me like you have a plan "B" in mind in case Sci-Fi decides it absolutely
*isn't* interested in "Crusade" after "Rangers" has been on the air for
awhile.  Otherwise your preference would still be to finish the "Crusade"
story on a show called "Crusade."  Am I wrong?

I assume that you're aware that Amazon.com started taking pre-orders for the
"In the Beginning/The Gathering" disc last a week ago Sunday, pulled the
pre-order page that Wednesday, then restored it on Saturday.  They give a
release date of December 4th.  Clearly they wouldn't have done this without
getting some word from Warner Home Video, but I still haven't seen an
official announcement of this title from WHV, and no other DVD retailer that
I know of is accepting pre-orders.  Can you shed any light on what's
happening?  Even knowing when we could expect an announcement would help.

BTW, the DVD, *without* any promotion beyond "word of 'net", peaked at a
sales rank of 11 during the first four days it was offered, and has been in
the top 100 (currently #39) since they put the page back up.  (When they
restored the page they apparently reset the sales counter, so the previous
week's numbers were not included.)  This would seem to indicate a lot of
pent up demand for the disc.  I suppose it is too much to hope that WHV has
noticed this and is setting a reasonable time-table for the release of the
episodes?

Regards,

Joe

>Your most recent comments quoted on "Cinescape On-Line" have produced the
>latest round of "See, I *told* you 'Crusade' is definitely dead" posts.
>Based on your earlier comments, I didn't read it that way.  It just sounds
>to me like you have a plan "B" in mind in case Sci-Fi decides it absolutely
>*isn't* interested in "Crusade" after "Rangers" has been on the air for
>awhile.  Otherwise your preference would still be to finish the "Crusade"
>story on a show called "Crusade."  Am I wrong?

Sigh...I guess these are people who, on finding one door locked, never think to
go in a window and just leave.  You *always* have a plan B.  Also a plan C, D
and E.