[B5JMS] Salaries for acting

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Mon Jul 23 04:28:25 EDT 2001

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5l?= Are Nordal <a_blip at bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 02:17:33 +0200

James Bell wrote:

> The best of your knowledge is only half the story apparently.  You simply
> choose to believe the worst about CC, accusing her of lying, while in
> reality both JMS and CC could have been and probably were telling the truth
> as they saw it.

I find her initial announcement that she was fired very hard to
reconcile with her subsequent admission that she quit. The former caused
a *lot* of grief not only for jms, but for the B5 fandom community as a
whole, and I hold her directly responsible.

And please read *all* of the following if you intend to discuss this further:

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/misc/cc-leave.html

Bruce Boxleitner backs up jms:

http://groups.google.com/groups?rnum=1&selm=199708152303.QAA14648%40f41.hotmail.com

Jms' final say on the matter (and note the post a bit later in the
thread, backing him up):

http://groups.google.com/groups?ic=1&th=697fbc4376e9ec70,41

And the interview he was referring to:

--------
SCI FI INVASION : By you Quitting, Straczynski lost Ivanova, he couldn't
have been happy about that:

Claudia Christian: I think he feels that like I put them out or
something by quitting the show, when in fact essence I don't even think
it affected anything.

He didn't even have a storyline for the fifth season at that point.

I didn't think there'd be enough for me to do and I didn't want to be
relegated to one more year of not having any challenges.

--
Run a screensaver that helps cancer research: http://www.ud.com/
(and join the "Excalibur" team)

Pål Are Nordal