[B5JMS] ATTN: JMS - Joe's comics

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 6 04:23:32 EDT 2001

From: bretntraci at aol.com (BRETNTRACI)
Date: 5 Jun 2001 18:25:17 -0700

I was just wondering:
With one (possibally two) series in the works,
A Rising Stars movie in the early stages,
Spider-Man for Marvel,
and the B5 graphic novel for Wildstorm,
I was wondering if Joe's Comics over at Top Cow will be put on a hiatus after
Midnight Nation and Rising Stars conclude.
If you do continue doing the JC line, do you have anything specific in mind and
do you know how you will manage the workload? (i.e working months ahead on your
comics while your shows are on hiatus or some such)

Don't get me wrong I *love* the idea of having so much of you work on the
horizon but I'd hate to see your usual quality suffer simply because you
streatched yourself too thin.

Brett

>With one (possibally two) series in the works,
>A Rising Stars movie in the early stages,
>Spider-Man for Marvel,
>and the B5 graphic novel for Wildstorm,
>I was wondering if Joe's Comics over at Top Cow will be put on a hiatus after
>Midnight Nation and Rising Stars conclude.

Nope.

>If you do continue doing the JC line, do you have anything specific in mind
>and
>do you know how you will manage the workload? (i.e working months ahead on
>your
>comics while your shows are on hiatus or some such)

I've already lined up the next regular series, an anthology title, and a new
graphic novel, Delicate Creatures, which is already written.  I don't want to
do more than 3 books per month (2 Joe's Comics titles, 1 other title a la
Spider-Man) so one will have to phase out to make room for another to avoid the
workload getting too hairy.