[B5JMS] ATTN JMS: Casting Shadows ....

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Mar 7 01:47:55 EST 2001

From: wrwhite963 at aol.com (WRWhite963)
Date: 28 Feb 2001 07:46:22 -0700

Joe, and Jeanne,

  I just picked up my copy of Casting Shadows today at Waldenbooks (I had to
have the person dig it out of the backroom - hadn't made it to the shelf yet.)
They seemed to have five copies on hand in total, which isn't bad at all for
the size and the amount of traffic this particular store gets.

  I'm about a third of the way through already, and loving it!  The
characterisation of Elric is a wonderful remeniscience - he, and I think Adira,
were two characters which caused almost a palpable ache to not see again
(thanks for the revisit to Adira in "Day of the Dead")  While I think this the
best B5 novel so far, I do think Peter David's books run a close second.

  Since these are from outlines by you, Joe, and although I know you'll
probably say "wait and see", I'm sooooo curious as to whether the events in the
novels will venture, even momentarily, through Crusade territory.  It occurred
to me while reading there's enough story to never make it that far by the third
book.

  Regards,
   Walter R. White
   Corning, NY

(PS: Take heart during the C.S. Lewis debate going on elsewhere on the list...
you energized a wonderful debate.  True, some might not technically be
debating, but at least they're trying:-)  Well done!)

>Since these are from outlines by you, Joe, and although I know you'll
>probably say "wait and see", I'm sooooo curious as to whether the events in
>the
>novels will venture, even momentarily, through Crusade territory.  It
>occurred
>to me while reading there's enough story to never make it that far by the
>third book.

There's actually going to be a LOT of Crusade stuff in the trilogy, because at
the time I wrote the outlines, the series was still in the works.  So some of
the stuff I'd planned to reveal in the series will be revealed here.