[B5JMS] ATTN JMS: It was a GOOD story!

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Sun Mar 11 04:23:32 EST 2001

From: "Rob Perkins" <rob_perkins at hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2001 12:11:21 -0700

Hi Joe,

I know I've written this to you and the forum in the past, but I have to say
it again.

This was a *really* *good* story. Thank you for taking the time and effort
out of your life to fight to tell it. My wife and I watched SiL together
yesterday afternoon. It keeps having the same impact on us. By the time the
scene rolls around where John and Delenn part for the last time, we're both
a puddled mess of emotion on the floor in front of the T.V.

Also, these comments:

During the first run of B5, we in the Cincinnati area didn't get the final
four of season 4, and in my opinion, the scheduling disaster TNT made airing
season 5 made it seem like a disjointed thing, compared to the rest of B5.
Seen back to back against the other seasons, one ep a day 'till it's done,
season 5 makes a lot more sense, takes its rightful place in the series, and
buttons up the whole five year run very nicely.

For instance, it's much easier to see the progression Lennier takes from
callow wide eyed and loyal assistant through all of the stages until he
betrays Sheridan in _Objects at Rest_. When I think about Lennier, I can't
get the image of him standing, silent in the cheering crowd, when Sheridan
gives his speech after surprising everyone returning from Z'ha'dum.

Seen one ep a day, instead of one a week, makes the threads in season 5 seem
to have a better pace. The telepath crisis moves much faster, and therefore
makes much more sense. The aside episodes (like _A View from the Gallery_,
or _The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father_) carry a more proper
significance. And so forth.

It's as if you intended for this show to be aired at 7 p.m. every day on
cable from the very beginning...

Anyway, *good* story. We really enjoyed it.

Rob