[B5JMS] A matter of timing

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 19 04:23:25 EDT 2001

From: jdemarti at bellsouth.net (Joseph DeMartino)
Date: 17 May 2001 19:25:26 -0700

I posted your comments on a "B5" board, and they drew the following response:
"I can't help but get the impression that JMS would rather see 'Crusade'
die than live. I had hoped this 'third project' would BE Crusade, but after
this post, it does not sound like it. If JMS is not interested in pursuing
'Crusade', should we the fans be? I find myself wondering."

This is an odd phenomenon, but not an uncommon one. It seems that every
reply where you discuss the *possibility* of "Crusades" return at some
point, but stop short of saying, "We start shooting tomorrow", is greeted
as the final death-knell of the show. People seem so eager to "read between
the lines" of your posts that they don't read the lines themselves. It
seems to me that you have had any number of opportunities to declare
"Crusade" dead once and for all, or to say that you have no further
interest in pursuing that particular story and have moved onto other
things. Instead you have *always* seemed to leave this particular door
open, while in no way minimizing the challenges involved in bringing the
show back in some form, someday.

I mean, this last post began with the words, "It would be possible" and the
guy from the other board immediately took this as a "sign" that you really
want the show dead. Is he endowed with superior insight, or am I safe in
assuming that when you say "it would be possible" you mean, "it would be
possible"? <g>

Regards,

Joe

--
Posted from mail201.mail.bellsouth.net [205.152.58.141]