[B5JMS] Need early B5 scripts for Captioning (re-send)

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 11 04:23:08 EDT 2002

From: "Mac Breck" <macbreck at access995.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:34:06 GMT

"Jms at B5" <jmsatb5 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:20020609210543.02336.00000477 at mb-ca.aol.com...
> >The jollies I'm getting right now is that it looks like DVD is for
real....

> Yeah, it's real...I was holding off saying anything until WB or someone
else
> could announce it, but since it's come up here via the captioning
> institute...yeah, as noted, it's real.
>
> Season One will be out in a boxed set this Fall, and they're going to be
> including at minimum two commentaries from me, probably on Signs and
Portents
> and Chrysalis (it's a matter of how much time and energy I can give to it
given
> that there's no fees involved

They're not paying you, ...anything?  ???

> and I'm in the midst of Jeremiah), and if
> possible, Babylon Squared, maybe Sky Full of Stars.  They'd also like to
film
> an on-camera intro by me (but I guess folks will buy it anyway, even with
that
> particular horror included).
>
> They're pulling together a lot of stuff on this release so that there are
> plenty of extras this time around, now that the value of the DVDs has been
> shown by the first release
> .
>
>  jms
>
> (jmsatb5 at aol.com)
> (all message content (c) 2002 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
> permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
> and don't send me story ideas)

Regarding the extras, YAY!!!!!!!   :-)

Mac Breck
------------------------
http://www.scifi.com/crusade/  http://www.b5lr.com/

"Nothing much good on TV tonight anyway." (Captain Gideon, Babylon 5
Crusade - The Memory of War)

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
Date: 10 Jun 2002 19:30:03 GMT

> (it's a matter of how much time and energy I can give to it
>given
>> that there's no fees involved
>
>They're not paying you, ...anything?  ???

No.  It's WB's policy that they don't pay to have people do commentaries.  The
problem here is that there's so *much* that they want...an on-camera interview,
two to four full commentaries, and further analyses on the races, technologies,
politics, all that stuff...it's a huge amount of work.  But their response was
that if it wasn't done for free, across the board, they'd just deliver a
foreshortened version, little to no extras, no publicity, little to nothing
without my commentary, which they feel is essential to the set.  Rather than
have a lesser version go out to the fans, I figured I'd just bite the bullet
and do it.