[B5JMS] ASM 50 question

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 6 04:24:25 EST 2003

From: "Alan Coleman Waltrip" <awaltrip at cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:42:31 -0600

> I *was* reading, he gave his blessings, so I did it.
>
> And, oddly, I haven't seen more than one or two mildly critical messages
> anywere about this.  Most everybody seems quite happy to see them together
(and
> at no time has anyone at Marvel ever told me not to say they were/are
married).

> So I"m really at a loss to understand why Kevin felt he didn't have the
> wherewithal to make this work.  It really hasn't been a problem.
>
> I guess most everybody thinks it was done right, that's all.
>
> So thanks, Kevin.  Couldn't have worked out better.

Next to JMS and Peter David, Kevin Smith is probably my favorite comic
writer, when he actually writes comics (not to say that I don't love Bendis
and Johns and all the other books I buy). As much as I love the guy, and as
much as his movies have been a part of my life for ten years, I can't stand
waiting four to five months between issues. The last two issues of
Spidey/Black Cat won't be seen for a while, and Marvel hasn't even solicited
the last three issues of DD: The Target. And Kev was supposed to take over
writing the main Spidey book *and* a new Black Cat ongoing. But the man is a
movie maker first and foremost, and I can respect that.

Hey Joe, when are we going to see the Squadron Supreme book?

--Alan