[B5JMS] B5 & JMS in TV Zone again!!!!

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Mar 26 04:24:34 EST 2003

From: janmschroeder at aol.com (Jan)
Date: 22 Mar 2003 16:38:41 GMT

Sword wrote:

>Have you checked out the latest issue of TV Zone, jms is writing a serialised
>article about his experiences during the time B5 was spawned.  I found it
>quite
>enlightening, and it makes you look at things in a new light.

I have now.  That's a *good* article!  Lots of fun to read. Loved the stories
about the Amiga computers and the Londo scene in 'Parliament' .

Gotta disagree with JMS about one thing, though.  He's mentioned concerns that
his convention appearances encourage a 'cult of personality' a few times and I
suppose it's a valid concern.  Still, though, I think that his appearances are
more of an extension of his online presence. The fans want to know more about
B5 in particular, but TV in general.

Just speaking for myself, I *like* the stories of carpenters who understood
what you were doing.  Who else would write entire columns about the other
people who made B5 happen?  Can't say I've ever seen that before.  So, Joe, if
you're reading this, the reason that people come to your presentations isn't
really about you, it's the sense of participation that you've fostered; and the
stories you tell.

I can't find how many chapters there are supposed to be.  Hope it's a lot.

Jan