[B5JMS] Amazing Spider-Man #510 (SPOILER SPACE--BIG REVELATION)

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Sun Aug 22 03:17:50 EDT 2004

From: "W. Blaine Dowler" <fiziko at NOSPAMbureau42.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:21:33 GMT

Ken Arromdee wrote:

> What they don't have is good evidence--in other words, while the Martian
> basement theory does explain the observations, it explains them no better
> than other theories which don't have such weird things in them as Martians
> with arbitrary powers.

It explains them worse; look at all the stars out there.  Just how busy are
those Martians in your basement?  Furthermore, there's evidence that the
Sun can exist without your basement or the Martians within it.  Elements
higher than iron on the periodic table can only be created with higher
energy fusion than a Sun's core, which means a nova event.  The fact that
we have so many of those elements around means that the nova must have been
close, which implies that we're orbiting a second generation star, and that
our entire solar system formed when the previous solar system in "this
spot" was torn apart by a nova event.  Therefore, a Sun was here before
Mars or Earth.

Let me ask you this: if JMS were to write a story in which Peter Parker
checked your basement for Martians creating and/or controlling our sun,
would you happily stop your objections as your example comes to life, or
would you complain more loudly?

--
- Blaine

http://www.bureau42.com
ICQ: 24893016

A Physicist is someone who averages the first 3 terms of a divergent
series...

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
Date: 21 Aug 2004 22:29:54 GMT

>Let me ask you this: if JMS were to write a story in which Peter Parker
>checked your basement for Martians creating and/or controlling our sun,
>would you happily stop your objections as your example comes to life, or
>would you complain more loudly?

WHAT THE HELL DID I EVER DO TO *YOU*?

...the horror...the horror...the....

<thud>