[B5JMS] ATTN: JMS Comics Questions

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Aug 24 03:15:08 EDT 2004

From: iplatizky at yahoo.com (iplatizky)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:52:31 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Jms,

I have a couple of comics questions about your books.

1) What issues are currently up to writing right now?

2) If Marvel said that the next Spiderman arc would be your last would
your last arc be dealing with the future we saw in Amazing Spiderman #
500?

3) Are current Events in spiderman leading to that future?

4)Do you have an ending in mind for Supreme Power? Many Many issues
down the road do you now what that last page is?

5) If the Strange limted series is a success would be the one to
continue Doctor strange?

6) You mentioned in Hawthorne a new series called the book of lost
souls is there anything more you can say about that?

Thank you for your time.

isaac platizky

>1) What issues are currently up to writing right now?

I'm on Spidey 514 and Supreme Power 14 (funny how it works out that way), and
issue 3 of Strange.

>2) If Marvel said that the next Spiderman arc would be your last would
>your last arc be dealing with the future we saw in Amazing Spiderman #
>500?

Wouldn't be my call, it would be Marvel's, and I don't think they'd want me to
do that.

>3) Are current Events in spiderman leading to that future?

Inch by inch, yeah...hence Lamont's question about getting the chemical
composition of his webbing.

>4)Do you have an ending in mind for Supreme Power? Many Many issues
>down the road do you now what that last page is?

I know the ending, but not necessarily the last page.  SP is, however, intended
to be an ongoing series, so that ending may never manifest itself.

>5) If the Strange limted series is a success would be the one to
>continue Doctor strange?

That's a Marvel call.

>6) You mentioned in Hawthorne a new series called the book of lost
>souls is there anything more you can say about that?

We're trying to find the right artist for the book so we can get moving.