[B5JMS] Is "Supreme Power" going anywhere?...

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 7 04:27:47 EST 2004

From: The Nuclear Marine <Nuke-Marine at cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:30:25 +0000 (UTC)

[posted and mailed]

jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5) wrote in
news:20031229180425.19161.00001557 at mb-m13.aol.com:

> Finally, as for Supreme Power...I gave everybody fair warning in every
> interview I did on this book: it's not going to be a conventional
> book, it's not going to be plot driven, its going to be a strong
> character story and it's going to develop over time into something
> extremely intense.  There's some serious action coming up very soon,
> but it's not aimed at stopping Doctor Destructo before he can unleash
> his Whammo ray and turn Chicago into gold so he can clean up.  It
> ain't that kind of book.  It's kind of an experiment, which is why
> it's under the Max label.  Some dig it, some don't, no harm, no foul.
>
>  jms

Jesus Christ, am I gonna have to follow this newsgroup now?  I do like
how these characters are analogous to the JLA as mentioned earlier in the
thread.  Hmm, characters with character....nah, when has a successful
comic ever had that?

Spiderman, Midnight Nation and Rising Stars all spent time exploring the
characters that will populate his stories.  Would you expect his latest
to be any different?  In fact, make a game of it.  Find the hidden idea
that is common in all his production material as time goes by.  The
latest seems to have been "Doctrine of Unintended Consequences" while
next might be about the tailors of Costumes, while a previous idea dealt
with making the big move.  Mind you, you have to invest in all of jms's
art but is that such a bad thing?

Nuke

--
With greater understanding comes deeper satisfaction
Gaps and dead ends in my understanding discomfort me

I seek truth not for fear of loss, nor want of gain, nor need of words
I pursue truth no matter what it is, who says it or what I already
believe