[B5JMS] Attn JMS: Just curious...classic He-Man DVDs

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Sun Apr 17 06:12:17 EDT 2005

From: mscrav00 at yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:38:21 +0000 (UTC)

JMS,

I've been a long-time watcher on the sidelines of this newsgroup, but I
finally had to post a quick message and question.

First, let me say that Spider-Man is my absolute favorite comic book
character, and I've been buying Amazing Spider-Man every month for the
last twelve (count them) years, and I'm personally loving what you're
doing.  I know some people may grumble, but I think you've brought a
renewed energy to the property, and having weathered some bad stories
by other writers, it's good to have you behind the driver's seat.  I'm
looking forward to Fantastic Four as well.

I'm also a huge fan of your writing on He-Man and the Masters of the
Universe 20 years ago.  I still find myself watching the episodes and
truly appreciating the show as my favorite animated series of all-time.
 Sure, the Filmation animation was limited, but the writing, the music,
the character designs, and the all-ages appeal more than made up for
it.

Now my question: Given that the show is FINALLY coming to DVD later
this year from BCI Eclipse, would you be interested in contributing to
the DVD sets if you were contacted about it?  I'd love to see an
interview with you included on the DVDs, talking about the show and the
experience of making one of my favorite shows.

Thanks for all the enjoyment your writing has brought me over the
years...I've been enjoying your writing my entire life, from He-Man and
She-Ra as a kid, to Babylon 5 as a teenager, to Spider-Man and Supreme
Power as an adult.  I truly do appreciate it, sir.

Sincerely,
Michael

Given that the show is FINALLY coming to DVD later
this year from BCI Eclipse, would you be interested in contributing to
the DVD sets if you were contacted about it?  I'd love to see an
interview with you included on the DVDs, talking about the show and the

experience of making one of my favorite shows.

I've already been interviewed for the DVDs, on-camera.  Didn't do a
commentary, but did do the interview...and for those who asked later,
yes, I did indeed do the Ram Man song...guaranteed to cause bleeding of
the ears to anyone who hears it, so consider yourselves warned.