[B5JMS] Attn: JMS - Medium for Declaration

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Thu Dec 1 04:41:19 EST 2005

From: "skywalkrz" <skywalker_1 at earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 02:01:56 +0000 (UTC)

JMS,
   I feel like I should start this off with a whole slew of thank you's
for the last 11 or so years (I discovered B5 part way through the 2nd
season) of simply terrific story-telling but I suspect you don't have
time for that ... plus it would probably get old after the first few
paragraphs.
   Anyway, I was driven to make this, the first of my posts to this
board ever, after I visited the babylon5quotes site.  So much quotable
goodness!  Anyway, all of the items look great but when I got down to
the one I was really looking for, the Declaration of Principles,
somehow seeing it print-screened onto a throw pillow or emblazoned on a
refrigerator magnet just didn't do it justice.  Something this profound
deserves a much more worthy medium of display.  I'm not sure what Cafe
Press is capable of producing, but if my dreams were made manifest,
they'd look something like a 9x11 wooden plaque with a brass plate
etched with the Declaration.  Or, if not that, a similar or slightly
larger version on high-quality paper with a lightened graphic of the
station in the background either already framed or suitable for
framing.  Really, I'd be happy with anything befitting it's meaning and
importance ... no offense to pillows and magnets intended.
   OK, that was just my 2 cents. Back to lurkerdom I go.

Thanks,
Brian

P.S.  I'm curious if you've seen this site and what you think of it?
http://www-fi3.starwreck.com/
        Sorry if this is old news, I just found it the other day.

P.P.S.  Funny story, all these years I thought humans in the B5
universe kept in touch with each other by using a birth # much like we
today use a telephone number.  Why, you ask?  Well, I was reading the
script for 'Parliament of Dreams' yesterday and you can imagine my
surprise and slow-in-coming moment of realization when I read
Catherine's line saying that Sinclair surely knew her "berth" number.
If for no other reason, the book payed for itself right there.