[B5JMS] JMS: MoSF - Watchbird?

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Sun Aug 6 09:23:06 EDT 2006

From: Jan <janmschroeder at aol.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2006 03:54:26 -0700

Found this article at the Futon Critic
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060804abc01 which says:

<<Episode five is Watchbird, based on the short story by the legendary Robert
Sheckley and written Sam Egan. The episode stars Sean Astin and James Cromwell
and is directed by Harold Becker. In Watchbird, as society creates robotic
droids to prevent killing before it takes place, they discover that all life
depends on a fragile formula of killing and death.>>

Written by Sam Egan??  IMDB seems to show a joint credit with you and Sam Egan
but it may be just that he's Co-Exec. Producer?  But so are a bunch of other
people, it seems.  Is that an error is did something change?

The actor list is making the show look really interesting, as does the info that
Stephen Hawking will be introducing/narrating.  I don't see any info on when
it's to air, though.

For those looking on, there are photos on JMS's IMDB page now, of JMS with Tracy
Scoggins and JMS with Doug Netter posing with the G'Kar costume at the party to
launch AOL's In2TV.  http://imdb.com/name/nm0833089/

Jan

--
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.

> <<Episode five is Watchbird, based on the short story by the legendary Robert
> Sheckley and written Sam Egan. The episode stars Sean Astin and James Cromwell
> and is directed by Harold Becker. In Watchbird, as society creates robotic
> droids to prevent killing before it takes place, they discover that all life
> depends on a fragile formula of killing and death.>>
>
> Written by Sam Egan??  IMDB seems to show a joint credit with you and Sam Egan
> but it may be just that he's Co-Exec. Producer?  But so are a bunch of other
> people, it seems.  Is that an error is did something change?
>
> The actor list is making the show look really interesting, as does the info that
> Stephen Hawking will be introducing/narrating.  I don't see any info on when
> it's to air, though.

Upon reviewing the extensive revisions done up in Canada, which I
didn't see until almost time to shoot, I felt that the end product did
not reflect my work and deleted my credit.  It's Egan's draft, and he
should receive appropriate credit.