[B5JMS] TLT, Woody Allen and Joss Whedon

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Thu Sep 6 04:41:20 EDT 2007

From: Whyruss2 at gmx.at
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:19:58 -0700

Dear JMS

Thx very much for The Lost Tales. As others have said it was like
meeting lost thought friends. I hope there will be many more to come,
watch and enjoy *g*. Just a short question - the taxi scene in the New
York of the future... was that an insinuation at Luc Besson's Fifth
Element?

Second question: Have you ever thought of writing a script for a movie
about relationships (like Woody Allen's Annie Hall, Alexander Payne's
Sideways or Charlie Kaufman's Adaption) ?. This question came to my
mind while watching the features on the TLT DVD where you said that
you enjoy watching and analysing human behaviour.

Last question: What do you think about Joss Whedon and especially of
his best (IMO) two shows Angel and Firefly (which had the same destiny
like your Crusade) ?. If circumstances let it happen would you like
working on a project with him?

Thank you for talking the time to read my post and good luck in the
future,

Richard

> Thx very much for The Lost Tales. As others have said it was like
> meeting lost thought friends. I hope there will be many more to come,
> watch and enjoy *g*. Just a short question - the taxi scene in the New
> York of the future... was that an insinuation at Luc Besson's Fifth
> Element?

No.  It comes from visiting New York many times.

> Second question: Have you ever thought of writing a script for a movie
> about relationships (like Woody Allen's Annie Hall, Alexander Payne's
> Sideways or Charlie Kaufman's Adaption) ?. This question came to my
> mind while watching the features on the TLT DVD where you said that
> you enjoy watching and analysing human behaviour.

"Changeling," the movie I sold to Ron Howard, is a strong relationship
movie, in the sense it's all character driven.  (Production starts mid-
October.)

> Last question: What do you think about Joss Whedon and especially of
> his best (IMO) two shows Angel and Firefly (which had the same destiny
> like your Crusade) ?. If circumstances let it happen would you like
> working on a project with him?

I think Joss is a terrific writer and I'd love to work with him
sometime on something.