The Great War of rastb5

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Oct 14 06:30:55 EDT 1995

Subject: The Great War of rastb5
+  1: Oct 11, 1995: mjt at dana.ucc.nau.edu (Michael J. Thompson)
   2: Oct 12, 1995: mogens at Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Christian Mogensen)
+  3: Oct 12, 1995: l.c.wright at rl.ac.uk (Lesley Wright)
*  4: Oct 13, 1995: straczynski at genie.geis.com

From: mjt at dana.ucc.nau.edu (Michael J. Thompson)

And so, the Great War has begun.

We have, on DS9, Klingon against Cardassian, Federation against Klingon,
and the Dominion against everyone, and (allegedly) DS9 versus Voyager.

We have, in B5, Centuari and Shadow against Narn, Vorlon and some good
people against Shadow, Psi Corps against everybody, Shadow against
everybody (Psi Corps included?), Purple Drazi against Green Drazi,
Minbari warrior caste versus Minbari religious caste, and the Narn
Bat Squad against the Zima man.

We have, in the ream of Sci-Fi, B5 against all things ST, B5 against Star
Wars, B5 against Space: Above and Beyond, seaQuest losing badly, and the
X-Files acting like the enigmatic Vorlons, lurking about here and there.

We have, in rastb5, once again Thaxton and Fuller et al against JMS and
others, the Nazis or neonazis or others against everyone (especially
Amtrak, if the rumors are true), Trekkies against Babylomaniacs, fans of
Michael O'Hare against fans of Bruce Boxleitner, fans of Claudia
Christian against whoever started the "I fondled a star!" thread some
time back, gay-rights versus Christian (or other) fundamentalism, and so
on and so forth.

Ain't peace great?

Somebody please tell me what the hell is going on?
--
Michael J. Thompson (mjt at dana.ucc.nau.edu)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

>We have, on DS9, Klingon against Cardassian, Federation against Klingon,
>and the Dominion against everyone, and (allegedly) DS9 versus Voyager.

>We have, in B5, Centuari and Shadow against Narn, Vorlon and some good
>people against Shadow, Psi Corps against everybody, Shadow against
>everybody (Psi Corps included?), Purple Drazi against Green Drazi,
>Minbari warrior caste versus Minbari religious caste, and the Narn
>Bat Squad against the Zima man.

>We have, in the ream of Sci-Fi, B5 against all things ST, B5 against Star
>Wars, B5 against Space: Above and Beyond, seaQuest losing badly, and the
>X-Files acting like the enigmatic Vorlons, lurking about here and there.

>We have, in rastb5, once again Thaxton and Fuller et al against JMS and
>others, the Nazis or neonazis or others against everyone (especially
>Amtrak, if the rumors are true), Trekkies against Babylomaniacs, fans of
>Michael O'Hare against fans of Bruce Boxleitner, fans of Claudia
>Christian against whoever started the "I fondled a star!" thread some
>time back, gay-rights versus Christian (or other) fundamentalism, and so
>on and so forth.

>Ain't peace great?

>Somebody please tell me what the hell is going on?
>--
>Michael J. Thompson (mjt at dana.ucc.nau.edu)
>"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

a) (swish tinkle tinkle) you are not ready
b) (tinkle tinkle swish buzz) never ask that question

(sorry, but someone had to do it)

From: straczynski at genie.geis.com

     "Somebody please tell me what the hellis going on?"

     Easy.  Somebody accidentally let humanity in here.

     Noisy lot, aren't they?