JMS on Compuserve: October 22, 1995

The Green Meddler kilgalen at tde.com
Sun Oct 22 05:50:04 EDT 1995

<Would you have still attempted something as complex as Babylon 5 if VCRs
were not as common as they are now?
Say, ten years ago? Is it something you took into consideration at all?>

     The story is the story, regardless of the medium some might use to
record them at home.

                                                                       jms

Subj:  No vcrs?				Section: Babylon 5
  To:  Arthur Stoppe,	Friday, October 20, 1995 1:16:22 AM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski, 71016,1644#375871

     I've never given much thought to the home video market; I don't get a
direct piece of it, and it's a secondary revenue stream as far as PTEN is
concerned and thus not very important, as testified to by the fact that they
still haven't even put any cassettes OUT in the US.

  To:  Sharon Foster,		Friday, October 20, 1995 1:16:25 AM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski, 71016,1644#375872

     Well, even without VCRs, eventually the show will be stripped daily
(one hopes, at least), once the show is over.
Some here have tried, as an experiment, watching them straight through, one
per day, and all the clues and bits and foreshadowings jump out immediately
that way.  So it probably works fine either way.

                                                                       jms

Subj:  <TLTS & Stuff>			Section: Babylon 5