ATTN: JMS- Severed Dreams (SMALL SPOILER)

b5jms-owner at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-owner at cs.columbia.edu
Mon Apr 8 02:07:59 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN: JMS- Severed Dreams (SMALL SPOILER)
 No.   DATE           FROM
+  1: Apr  6, 1996: "Kevin L. Karuntzos" <kevinkar at deltanet.com>
+  2: Apr  6, 1996: cortese at netcom.com (Janis Maria C. C. Cortese)
*  3: Apr  6, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
+  4: Apr  6, 1996: tittle at netcom.com (Cindy Tittle Moore)
*  5: Apr  7, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: "Kevin L. Karuntzos" <kevinkar at deltanet.com>

Let me add another quick congratulations for Severed Dreams.  I
have watched it 4 times already and think it is the absolute best
episode of B5 so far.  Very well done.  Quite tight, engrossing,
"fun to watch" and I think the embodiment of what your show is all
about.   When you said "Tell your friends to watch Severed Dreams
and we'll take it from there..." I laughed, but I see now that you
were 100% right on the money.  If Star Trek could have been
this good........

I want to also say that I think that using Bruce McGill was a small
coup.  He is in a lot of Bellisario productions and is always great.
I think (or at least hope) that you can bring him back in the future.

SMALL SPOILER BELOW

>IT ISN'T REALLY A SPOILER AT ALL
>

>JUST SOMETHING THAT SHERIDAN SAID
>

>NO PLOT GIVE AWAYS...

(That ought to do)

The line from Sheridan "You pays your money, you takes your chances"
is something that I have seen you say a lot from time to time in your
posts.  Was there a conscious decision to use that line?  I almost
dropped on the floor laughing at that one!

I like the changes (finally) in Delenn and G'Kar.

If Jerry Doyle broke his arm, why was Garibaldi's leg hurt?

Lastly, where might Marcus have been during all this?

Thanks for this episode.

Kevin
_______________________>
kevinkar at deltanet.com

From: cortese at netcom.com (Janis Maria C. C. Cortese)

In article <3165E9C7.4FFE at deltanet.com> "Kevin L. Karuntzos" <kevinkar at deltanet.com> writes:
>Joe,
>
>Let me add another quick congratulations for Severed Dreams.  I
>have watched it 4 times already and think it is the absolute best
>episode of B5 so far.  Very well done.  Quite tight, engrossing,
>"fun to watch" and I think the embodiment of what your show is all
>about.   When you said "Tell your friends to watch Severed Dreams
>and we'll take it from there..." I laughed, but I see now that you
>were 100% right on the money.  If Star Trek could have been
>this good........

Indeed.  When I got back and logged on after watching it, I found a
three-line message from a friend of mine who is a very recent convert
that consisted of *gasp* *gasp* *gasp*.  I think EVERYONE'S buzzing over
this one.  I knew it would be good, but JEEEEEZ.

Practice your Hugo acceptance speech, Joe.  Start now.

>I want to also say that I think that using Bruce McGill was a small
>coup.  He is in a lot of Bellisario productions and is always great.
>I think (or at least hope) that you can bring him back in the future.

He was marvelous -- but I was more than slightly stunned when Tim
informed me that the last time I had seen that actor, he was playing the
William Tell Overture on his face . . .

>SMALL SPOILER BELOW
>>
>>IT ISN'T REALLY A SPOILER AT ALL
>>

>>JUST SOMETHING THAT SHERIDAN SAID
>>

>>NO PLOT GIVE AWAYS...
>>

>I like the changes (finally) in Delenn and G'Kar.

Talk about *stunning.*  Things have been happening so seamlessly that it
was lost on me until Delenn said what she said about G'Kar.  I had
gotten so used to seeing him as pretty sympathetic (and had seen so
little of the first season) that I forgot about the red satin panties,
etc.  I think Andreas Katsulas has just joined Nick Park and Andrew
Robinson as God.

>Lastly, where might Marcus have been during all this?

Locked safely away.  O:-)

Take care,
Janis
cortese at netcom.com                           http://www.io.com/~cortese/
<*>  Follow the homepage links to Feminism and 2nd Amendment Issues!
"Termiter's argument that God is His own grandmother generated a
surprising amount of controversy among Church leaders, who on the one
hand considered the argument unsupported by scripture but on the other
hand were unwilling to risk offending God's grandmother."
		-- Len Cool, "American Pie"

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

spoilers...

We shot that last scene with Garibaldi *after* we'd shot the sequence
showing his injured leg.  We don't shoot in sequence.  So we had to cover
it in the next episode.

From: tittle at netcom.com (Cindy Tittle Moore)

jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5) writes:

>spoilers...

>We shot that last scene with Garibaldi *after* we'd shot the sequence
>showing his injured leg.  We don't shoot in sequence.  So we had to cover
>it in the next episode.

I cannot imagine what it takes to track all of the pieces and snippets
filmed out of order!  This is a fascinating glimpse into what goes on
making a show...

I saw Severed Dreams Thursday night.  I'm still gasping...

--Cindy