JMS on CompuServe (Apr 23, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Wed Apr 24 01:09:20 EDT 1996

    Sb: #493498-#<Sic Tr Vir-my opinions>
    Sb: #493523-Terry Gilliam...
    Sb: #493702-#<TCoS: Londo's Dream>
    Sb: #493750-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
    Sb: #493753-#<Sic Transit Vir>
    Sb: #493813-<Severed Dreams>
    Sb: #493923-#>>Late Delivery<<
    Sb: #493895-A look Back...
    Sb: #494029-Ejecting from a Fury
    Sb: #494051-#<Sic Transit Vir>

   in the middle of the Sheridan/Delenn dinner scene. ]

 #: 493747 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  16:07:18
Sb: #493498-#<Sic Tr Vir-my opinions>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, I heard about this on the nets and from a reporter; they say
they're aware of the problem and it won't happen again.

                                                                       jms

 #: 493748 S21/SF/Fantasy Film
    22-Apr-96  16:07:19
Sb: #493523-Terry Gilliam...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I've always enjoyed his work.  I liked Time Bandits, Munchausen, Brazil,
Fisher King...pretty much all of them.  He's a very gifted man.

                                                                       jms

   "Netter's Syndrome" in "Convictions." ]

 #: 493749 S5/Babylon 5: General
    22-Apr-96  16:07:20
Sb: #493702-#<TCoS: Londo's Dream>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Doug's reaction to Netter's Syndrome was...amused, chagrined, and the
promise of swift and terrible revenge.

                                                                       jms

   club. ]

 #: 493891 S5/Babylon 5: General
    22-Apr-96  18:59:42
Sb: #493750-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  Do you have the membership info?  (If not, I should probably
upload it to the library.)

                                                                          jms

 #: 493753 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  16:08:29
Sb: #<Sic Transit Vir>
Fm: WILLIAM H. DIPAOLA

Joe,

The Centauri who was speaking to Vir at the beginning of the last episode --did
he know about what Vir was doing in funneling through the Narns to safety? The
reason I ask is because the joke he told Vir may have been an indication that
he knew what Vir was up to, and if that gentleman knew about it, it stands to
reason that other Centauri may have as well.

 #: 493892 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  18:59:43
Sb: #493753-#<Sic Transit Vir>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, he didn't know, and would've been horrified if he had.

                                                                         jms

 #: 493813 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  16:43:53
Sb: #492671-#<Severed Dreams>
Fm: GERARD KEATING (IRELAND)

Joe,

Hope i'm not asking questions that have gone before, but i avoided most of the
threads on Severed Dreams until i saw it, anyway a few questions.

The preview the previous week uses two clip that i do not remembers from the
show,

  1) Star Fury being zapped by Shadow Ship

  2) Star Fury hitting arm of "fork" over docking bay.

The first looked like it came from Fall of Night.

Also this is the Episode Jerry Doylebroke his arm in a scene? but i dont
remember any scene where he falls or tumbles. Was the scence used?

Of course the episode was so wonderful and packed that i could have missed
these.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and Wolf 359 in June.

Thanks

 Gerard Keating (Ireland)  23-Apr-96 @ 00:37:04 GMT

 #: 493893 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  18:59:44
Sb: #493813-<Severed Dreams>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The previews often have clips that don't appear in the episode.

                                                                         jms

 #: 493923 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  19:40:43
Sb: #493361-#>>Late Delivery<<
Fm: SYSOP LEE WHITESIDE

Joe, My wife, Diane, noticed that the sword used for Excalibur looked like a
very real sword.  DO you know where they got it?

 #: 494016 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  21:30:24
Sb: #493923-#>>Late Delivery<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, it's a real sword...I'm trying to remember where we got it, it may
have been a vendor in these things, one of many that frequent catalogs and Ren
faires.

    22-Apr-96  19:01:26
Sb: #492983-#A look Back...
Fm: RANDALL A. SCHANZE

Well, they're not hermaphroditic any MORE, they were concieved of that way,
however.  Originaly, Joe had (Apparently) intended to cast smallish actors for
the roles (Bill Mummy, for example) , but as he got away from the monosexual
approach, that idea seems to have fallen by the wayside.

You know, the more I think of it, I think the Kemmer cycle was 26 days.

Admiral Randy
Piper at the Gates of Duhhh...

 #: 494020 S5/Babylon 5: General
    22-Apr-96  21:34:38
Sb: #493895-A look Back...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Can I just put the lie to this once and for all?

      It was never, NEVER my intention, and I never stated, that the Minbari
were hermaphroditic, or that Delenn was then hermaphroditic.  It was NEVER
stated that they all went through a male-female change, so it had NOTHING to do
with the Left Hand of Darkness.

      The idea initially was to use a female playing a male character because
it added an offbeat, somewhat androgynous look to the character, which I
thought might be good for the character.  It was only upon entering the
chrysalis, and emerging, that Delenn would a) be more human, and b) be female.
When I discovered that the voice change wasn't working as well as I'd hoped it
would, electronically altering it, I finally scrapped that aspect of it, but
kept the human/minbari change aspect.

                                                                          jms

   avoid slamming into the larger ship right along with her 'fury.  Thinks
   that if the escape system was smart enough to manage to get her out of
   trouble, the 'fury itself should have been able to use it to avoid the
   need of an ejection. ]

 #: 494101 S5/Babylon 5: General
    23-Apr-96  00:21:03
Sb: #494029-Ejecting from a Fury
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      You can see explosive bolts going off, and a series of small thrusters
behind the cockpit area which allow for navigation.  This gets the pilot away
from the main body which has either been crippled, or is about to explode, the
same way a modern fighter has an ejection system.  (Check the main credit
sequence for a better shot of an ejection.)

                                                                    jms

 #: 494051 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    22-Apr-96  22:07:34
Sb: #493892-#<Sic Transit Vir>
Fm: WILLIAM H. DIPAOLA

BTW, what is the translation to the title? I'm sure it's interesting.

 #: 494102 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    23-Apr-96  00:21:04
Sb: #494051-#<Sic Transit Vir>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      thus passes Vir (it's a signal of transition)

                                                              jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *           http://www.ailink.com           *