Attn JMS: three behind the scenes

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 25 06:16:27 EDT 1996

Subject: Attn JMS: three behind the scenes
+  1: Apr 17, 1996: Martin Weigand <weigand at ns2.emirates.net.ae>
+  2: Apr 23, 1996: Martin Weigand <weigand at ns2.emirates.net.ae>
*  3: Apr 24, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Martin Weigand <weigand at ns2.emirates.net.ae>

1)      Will the fan club mailings be first class or bulk rate ?  I see no
option
        for upgrading the foreign subscriptions to Air Mail.  I'm trying to
figure
        out which address to use for my mailings.

2)      Do you still use your GENIE account, or do you just hang out on AOL
and CSERV ?

Like ripples in a pond from the tossed pebble, you can expect a new wave of
once the new shows make it overseas.  I've got a tape trapped somewhere in
hyperspace, and
have surrendered to reading the spoiler notes, until such time as the tapes
arrive.

Judging by what I have read, the newest shows are real heart stoppers.  As
that comment
is based upon other people's impressions, I can hardly wait to judge for myself.

3)      You have stated the Internet feedback is a living document, about
the making of B5.  However
after the fifth year, would you consider writting a "Memories" type book, of
some of the
details that have not come up in on-line discussions?   In reading another
"Memories" book,
that actors description of the startup stuggle seemed to foreshadow (hmm..)
your own
experiences in dealing with Studios and broadcasters.

Please keep up the good work.  And thanks for holding out, to tell Your
story, Your way.

Martin

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

The foreign mailings were initially going to be ground; we're
investigating whether or not we can afford, without raising the price, to
do airmail instead.

We're taking other steps to see if we can make things easier for the UK
fans.

As for where I am, I'm still kinda all over the place, here, CIS, GEnie,
AOL primarily.