JMS on CompuServe (Aug 13, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Aug 13 12:55:45 EDT 1996

    Sb: #557782-B5 Comic
    Sb: #557836-#1st season questions
    Sb: #558030-#New Cast Addition
    Sb: #557435-Worst B5 Episode
    Sb: #558328-1st season questions
    Sb: #558414-JMS on Newsgroups
    Sb: #558427-B5 Fan Club Mailing
    Sb: #558406-Shadow Tactics.
    Sb: #558237-Little "one Liners"

 #: 558241 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  14:25:10
Sb: #557782-B5 Comic
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Several companies are circling around the rights to the B5 comic, and
are currently in negotiations.  And after some initial problems with the
contract between WB and Sendai, they hope to begin putting out more issues of
the B5 magazine, yes.

                                                                       jms

   asks two questions about the first season: 1) Does anyone on B5 have one
   of the cloaking suits from "The War Prayer."  2) Did Garibaldi's friend
   Leana die in the Earth Force One explosion? ]

 #: 558242 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  14:25:11
Sb: #557836-#1st season questions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No word yet on tapes, and no, none of the cloaking suits are still in
anyone's hands on B5.

    12-Aug-96  10:41:48
Sb: #557405-#New Cast Addition
Fm: BILL HIRST

Pat Tallman is back? Outstanding. She's a beautiful and talented actress.

Joe, do you have to make many adjustments to the story line to work her in? I
mean in a writtten epic like Tolkien or Robert Jordan, the author is totally in
control of the characters.  In your case, the actors come and go and the story
line somehow has to accomodate that.

-Bill

 #: 558243 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  14:25:12
Sb: #558030-#New Cast Addition
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       You just gotta learn to dance while life is throwing chainsaws and
chickens at you...after the first few cuts and pecks, it's easy.

                                                                       jms

 #: 558494 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  20:36:16
Sb: #557435-Worst B5 Episode
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      "Dream Corridor" is still coming out, as new graphic novels; the next one
should be out shortly, as all the pieces are now in.

                                                                    jms

   poster asks again. ]

 #: 558497 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  20:43:11
Sb: #558328-1st season questions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's a question without a stated answer for now.

    12-Aug-96  17:53:32
Sb: #JMS on Newsgroups
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Hi Joe,

Quick question.... Id like to cancel my compuserve account in favor of a local
internet provider. Trouble is I don't want to lose the connection with this
great forum and with you. Are you also available on the B5 newsgroup for
questions, etc??

Mike

 #: 558499 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  20:43:15
Sb: #558414-JMS on Newsgroups
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, you can find me over on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated.  It's a
fun place to hang out.

                                                                    jms

   punctured a picture of G'Kar. ]

 #: 558500 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  20:43:17
Sb: #558427-B5 Fan Club Mailing
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

        Will do.

                                                                    jms

   ships to draw attention away from the real work they're doing manipulating
   the governments of various worlds. ]

 #: 558501 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Aug-96  20:43:19
Sb: #558406-Shadow Tactics.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, that's not it, not at present, certainly.

                                                                    jms

   from other works of fiction.  Wonders if the fighter designation
   "Red Five" is a Star Wars reference. ]

 #: 558503 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  20:48:21
Sb: #558237-Little "one Liners"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Red Five is not from Star Wars...it's standard Air Force designation on
various teams, Red One, Blue Three, others in some cases, Alpha One, Bravo Two
in others.  People in and out of the military have been color coding fighters
and the like long, long before there was a Star Wars.  There's a danger in
assuming that the first place you heard it was the place that invented it.
There are some ST fans who *insist* that ST invented the term tachyon, since
that's where they heard it first, and even have given me and other shows a hard
time when we use this actual scientific notion.