JMS on CompuServe (Aug 14, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Aug 14 13:38:29 EDT 1996

    Sb: #558506-#Your Anticipation
    Sb: #558513-PW Notes Screenwriting
    Sb: #558591-Composition
    Sb: #558701-Little "one Liners"
    Sb: #558704-Worst B5 Episode
    Sb: #558744-#War Without End
    Sb: #558882-Something big out there?
    Sb: #558921-Eeek!
    Sb: #558824-More Vorlon Questions !
    Sb: #558926-ATTN: JMS <Kosh>

 #: 558506 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Aug-96  20:58:02
Sb: #555850-#Your Anticipation
Fm: RAY PELZER

Well, I know WE'RE looking forward to it... about TWO FRAGGIN' MONTHS forward!

       On a lighter note....the music comment reminded me:  Any timeframe yet
for the release of the second CD?

 #: 558777 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  12:00:14
Sb: #558506-#Your Anticipation
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I think Chris is going to time the second CD to coincide with the new
season, so he can piggy-back on the PR.

    12-Aug-96  21:22:54
Sb: #PW Notes Screenwriting
Fm: REBECCA ESCHLIMAN

Just though you might appreciate knowing that the Fall Previews issue of
Publisher's Weekly (the hefty one) which arrived today listed your
screenwriting guide under the "Performing Arts & Film" category of noteworthy
fall titles.

    - rje -

 #: 558778 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  12:00:15
Sb: #558513-PW Notes Screenwriting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's good to know, thanks, I'll go get it.

                                                                       jms

   people who worked on Space: Above & Beyond said they put into their
   shots because of the limited width of the TV screen. ]

 #: 558779 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  12:00:16
Sb: #558591-Composition
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's more a Foundation question, I suspect...basically, I think they
all just sorta do what looks cool....

                                                                       jms

   to clarify his question and asks JMS if Babylon 5 has any "throwaway"
   lines that reference other works of fiction. ]

 #: 558781 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  12:00:21
Sb: #558701-Little "one Liners"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There were initially some throwaway lines to reference outside SF, but
soon it became a hunting expedition, with people paying more attention to that
than was correct.  It got in the way, and this show has to define itself in its
own terms...so the practice stopped.

    13-Aug-96  09:41:27
Sb: #558494-#Worst B5 Episode
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Joe,

        <"Dream Corridor" is still coming out, as new graphic novels; the next
one should be out shortly, as all the pieces are now in.>

        Thanks for finding out.  BTW, does Harlan have YOU writing anything for
it yet??

     Tom^^^^

     The Shadows have returned to Capistrano.

 #: 558782 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  12:00:22
Sb: #558704-Worst B5 Episode
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, I'm supposed to adapt "Someone is Hungrier" for the book, when I
have the time (insert crazed, manaical laughter here).

                                                                       jms

   can tell the poster what happened. ]

 #: 558783 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    13-Aug-96  12:00:24
Sb: #558744-#War Without End
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's too hard to synopsize here...try the Lurker's Guide.

    13-Aug-96  13:26:18
Sb: #Something big out there?
Fm: MARK SLOAN

Dear JMS,

I've just rewatched "A Distant Star" and I have a query regarding something
Captain Maynard told Sheridan he saw out in space. He said it was dark but big
enough to blot out the stars behind it. It was also about a thousand kilometers
away. To be seen from that sort of distance must mean it was big. Was it a
Shadow ship he saw? If so, it sounds like it was a lot bigger than anything
we're seen so far. Are there types of Shadows ships as yet unseen?

Best regards,
Mark Sloan

 #: 559241 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  21:56:15
Sb: #558882-Something big out there?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      At least one, yes.

    13-Aug-96  14:30:26
Sb: #Eeek!
Fm: ARWEL PARRY

I thought this would raise a smile! <g>

>From today's UK programme listings:-

BBC2  6.00 a.m. Open University: Measuring Shadows - The Universe Today

:-)

Arwel

 #: 559242 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Aug-96  21:56:17
Sb: #558921-Eeek!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      But what the heck does it mean...?

    13-Aug-96  12:38:20
Sb: #More Vorlon Questions !
Fm: RICHARD WAKEFIELD

jms,

I have a few questions about the ever elusive Vorlons...

1. Are their different sexes of Vorlon ?

2. Do Vorlons have babies, if so...how ?

3. What's the situation with their breathing. We have seen Kosh in "angel-form"
in an Oxygen atmoshere with no visible harm. Yet he wears the encounter suit,
and stays in the Methane-breathers section. How long can the Vorlon keep his
Psychic shield up ? And how did Kosh get to the Garden, to save Sheridan...did
he just pass through walls..? And finally, did Vorlons "invent" the Angels in
the different races ?

oh BTW - Is there a technical man from B5 on the Net whom I may contact about
general tech stuff....a tech advisor ?

Thanks a lot,

Richard

 #: 559243 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    13-Aug-96  21:56:19
Sb: #558824-More Vorlon Questions !
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Kosh was right there in the garden when Sheridan fell, so that's how he
got there.  And the only tech person on B5 is me.

                                                                    jms

   fathers because he picks that persona to manipulate them or because
   Sheridan and G'Kar use their own father's image to explain Kosh's
   presence in their mind. ]

 #: 559244 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    13-Aug-96  21:56:21
Sb: #558926-ATTN: JMS <Kosh>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's likely a matter of both, choosing an element which is strongest in
the other person, which for Sheridan and G'Kar would be their respective
fathers, who would also be authority figures to them...so it's both
manipulation and emotion.