JMS on CompuServe (Aug 17, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Aug 17 19:48:49 EDT 1996

   Thanks,

     -- Brent
 ]

    Sb: #560721-#Magazine Article
    Sb: #560742-#Comics as a medium...
    Sb: #560812-#The Dark Is Rising
    Sb: #560818-#Triangle on Minbari head
    Sb: #560829-#The Copernicus ???

 #: 560721 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Aug-96  02:41:54
Sb: #Magazine Article
Fm: COLIN HEAPS

Hi,
I live in the UK and my friendly newsagent sent me a mag this morning, (if it's
SF it ends up at my door), it's called SCI-FI Flix ( WPS36024) and has an
article about B5 several pages long titled "A star is born".  It begins with
the sub-heading "After three years of the most innovative s/f on tv Babylon 5
is ready for its closeup", the article is very pro B5 and has more than a few
kind words to say.
In fact there is a panel article about your good self, the ending line being
"..and on the seventh day he sleeps...  maybe", flattery will get you anywhere
eh??

The article is very well done with quotes from your main cast, once again
siging your and the series praises, here a a few snippets...

"..TV's most intriguing SF series.."
"..generated a buzz everywhere from the Internet to the Pentagon..."
"Babylon 5 tells a story that is at times lyrical, at times brutal, but always
powerful.."
.."the action-pacjed latter half of the third season amkes it all too clear,
the road to hell is paved with peaceful intentions"
"Each season of B5 seems to ed with a stomach prickling set of twists and
turns.."
"Straczynski has allowed and thrived on a natural osmosis between the actors in
the series and the characters they play"

It goes on, but hey, pretty damn good PR I think nes pas??
Now all we need to do is to send all the WB people a copy and wake up and we'll
be away.

Just thought you'd be interested, and to quote one of your cast from the
article "...is good for the old ego..".
Bask in the glow my friend, you deserve it.

Regards,

ColKai

 #: 560942 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Aug-96  12:08:51
Sb: #560721-#Magazine Article
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks, I'd seen the article, and it's a great thing.  We're starting to
pick up more positive articles and reviews lately...basicallly, I think
journalists are starting to get past their preconceptions of what we should be,
and what SF is, to see the show for what it is.

                                                                       jms

 #: 560943 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Aug-96  12:08:53
Sb: #560742-#Comics as a medium...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, I've read the books during the rebuilding period, though I haven't
had time to indulge my comics habit for about six months or so.  For some
reason, though, it still feels wonky to me.  I confess that as far as names go
I still prefer Sun Boy to Inferno, and some of the other renamings have been
kinda dopey.  If you're going to change it (and objectively I know Sun Boy is a
bit goofy), you should go for something a little better than, for instance,
Lightning Lad to Livewire.  Livewire is just an awful name.

                                                                       jms

   series. ]

 #: 560944 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Aug-96  12:08:53
Sb: #560812-#The Dark Is Rising
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, I haven't read it; will confess I hadn't heard of it until now, my
head being entirely in the show; when I'm done with the show, and have some
time, I will try and take a look at it.

                                                                       jms

   see on Delenn's head in "Signs and Portents" (and the other Satai's head
   in "And the Sky Full of Stars") had a meaning the fans didn't guess at
   the time.  Asks if JMS can now tell us what that meaning is. ]

 #: 560945 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Aug-96  12:08:56
Sb: #560818-#Triangle on Minbari head
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Let me hold off on this for a bit.

    16-Aug-96  07:04:53
Sb: #The Copernicus ???
Fm: RICHARD WAKEFIELD

Joe,

Was the *USS. Copernicus* Earth's first and only Sublight Interstellar
"freezer" ?

Richard

 #: 560946 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Aug-96  12:08:57