ATTN JMS: Religion, Creativity, etc.

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 23 06:17:36 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS: Religion, Creativity, etc.
+  1: Aug 22, 1996: Manu Saxena <manu at u.washington.edu>
*  2: Aug 22, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Manu Saxena <manu at u.washington.edu>

Dear JMS,

	I just saw "Passing through Gethsemane" again, and felt compelled
to write, for the first time.  I understand you're not religious, but I
just wanted to take the time out to thank you for your respectful
treatment of the issue in that episode.  Too often in SF is religion
treated as nothing more than a primitive superstition with no redeeming
qualities, and it was refreshing to see it treated otherwise.
	I also wanted to express my overall admiration for B5.  In fact,
the excellence of the show has inspired me in my personal creative life.
I'm about halfway through my dissertation now, and I had started
to forget the original passion and excitement that I started the project
with.  But reflecting on and appreciating the great quality of B5 has
inspired me to strive for a similar excellence in my own work.  So
thanks; you've helped rekindle my passion.

- Manu

P.S. I know you don't want any more info on CTS, but have you ever
considered acupuncture?  I've treated it, and seen some good results.
Just in case the thought hadn't occured to you.

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

"I just saw "Passing through Gethsemane" again, and felt compelled to
write, for the first time.  I understand you're not religious, but I just
wanted to take the time out to thank you for your respectful treatment of
the issue in that episode."

Thanks...but it really isn't a big thing, it's just being honest as a
writer.

And if it's helped urge on your own creative works, as you say, then all
the better.